- 14 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 30 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 39 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Movies Maharshi Box Office Collections 2 Weeks: Mahesh Babu's Movie Has A Splendid Run
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Ertiga CNG conversion kits are now available at certain dealerships, just as with the previous model. The new 2018 Maruti Ertiga was launched at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and it comes with a host of upgrades and improvements over the older version.
The 2018 Maruti Ertiga is much bigger than before and is somewhat of a cheaper alternative to the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the recently-launched Mahindra Marazzo. You can check out our detailed comparison between the three MPVs to know more.
Coming back to the CNG format of the MPV, the new Maruti Ertiga is available in both petrol and diesel formats, while a factory CNG variant is coming soon. Based on the same petrol engine as on the regular model, the Maruti Ertiga CNG variant will officially launch in less than six months.
However, the dealership-level CNG conversion kit in question is part of the official Maruti Ertiga accessories (the list is quite long). The CNG unit has a capacity of 14 kilograms and costs Rs 65,000; inclusive of RTO and insurance charges. The dealerships also provide a one-year warranty for the CNG kit.
Bookings for the new Ertiga model have broken records in a just a matter of time from the launch.The latest entrant in the MPV segment does offer a lot and you can check out everything to know about the new Maruti Ertiga here.
The new Maruti Ertiga is powered by either a 1.5-litre petrol engine or a 1.3-litre diesel unit, as mentioned before. The mild-hybrid petrol engine is the same powering the new Maruti Ciaz and it makes 105bhp and 138Nm of torque. This is mated to a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, makes 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. It comes mated only to a five-speed manual as of now, but an AMT version might follow soon.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga CNG Conversion Kit
The previous-generation Maruti Ertiga's CNG avatar did sell in decent numbers, although not as close as the normal variants. There are many who are waiting to buy the CNG variant of the new 2018 Ertiga, but now that the CNG conversion kit has been introduced, we do not expect them to wait any longer.