TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Mahindra has started working on the facelifted version of the TUV 300 (or TUV300). The upcoming Mahindra TUV 300 facelift will bring cosmetic enhancements and new features to the existing model. But most importantly, the new TUV 300 will be powered by a BS-VI-compliant engine.
The Mahindra TUV 300 is a mid-segment five-seater SUV in the brand's product line-up. The SUV is also available in aseven-seater format, dubbed as the TUV 300 Plus. The new refresh will be available in both configurations.
Beyond just the cosmetics, the upcoming Mahindra TUV 300 facelift will employ a better-engineered body structure which complies with India's updated crash test norms. The safety standards will come into effect for all cars going on sale from October 2019.
As for emission standards, BS-VI norms will become mandatory for all vehicles from April 1, 2020. Many other manufacturers are also developing new BS-VI-compliant engines or upgrading the existing units to meet the norms. Some have even launched cars which are already BS-VI-compliant.
The current Mahindra TUV 300 is powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine which makes 84bhp and 230Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 5-speed manual or its respective AMT option. Power is sent to the rear wheels.
Mahindra is gearing up for a lot of launches in the coming months. This includes the new top-of-the-line XUV700 or Y400 SUV, S201 compact-SUV and the entirely-new Mahindra Thar. The brand recently launched the Marazzo MPV and it is getting a good response on the market already.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra TUV 300 Facelift
As of now, nothing major is known about the upcoming version of the Mahindra TUV 300, since the company themselves haven't shared anything officially. The TUV 300 brings decent sales figures to the company but many do not prefer it due to its odd-styling. Hopefully, the new version will make up for it.
*All images shown are that of the present model.