- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 13 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News NIA thwarts revival of Khalistan movement
- Technology Vivo Z5x, most affordable punch hole display smartphone launched for Rs 14,500
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra has started working on the facelifted version of the TUV 300 (or TUV300). The upcoming Mahindra TUV 300 facelift will bring cosmetic enhancements and new features to the existing model. But most importantly, the new TUV 300 will be powered by a BS-VI-compliant engine.
The Mahindra TUV 300 is a mid-segment five-seater SUV in the brand's product line-up. The SUV is also available in aseven-seater format, dubbed as the TUV 300 Plus. The new refresh will be available in both configurations.
Beyond just the cosmetics, the upcoming Mahindra TUV 300 facelift will employ a better-engineered body structure which complies with India's updated crash test norms. The safety standards will come into effect for all cars going on sale from October 2019.
As for emission standards, BS-VI norms will become mandatory for all vehicles from April 1, 2020. Many other manufacturers are also developing new BS-VI-compliant engines or upgrading the existing units to meet the norms. Some have even launched cars which are already BS-VI-compliant.
The current Mahindra TUV 300 is powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine which makes 84bhp and 230Nm of torque. The unit comes mated to a 5-speed manual or its respective AMT option. Power is sent to the rear wheels.
Mahindra is gearing up for a lot of launches in the coming months. This includes the new top-of-the-line XUV700 or Y400 SUV, S201 compact-SUV and the entirely-new Mahindra Thar. The brand recently launched the Marazzo MPV and it is getting a good response on the market already.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra TUV 300 Facelift
As of now, nothing major is known about the upcoming version of the Mahindra TUV 300, since the company themselves haven't shared anything officially. The TUV 300 brings decent sales figures to the company but many do not prefer it due to its odd-styling. Hopefully, the new version will make up for it.
*All images shown are that of the present model.