TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The Mahindra Thar is one of the best-selling off-road SUVs in India and now Mahindra is working on the next-gen avatar of the utility vehicle. Autocar India reports that the next-gen Mahindra Thar is in the works and will be based on a new platform.
The report states that the next-gen Mahindra Thar will be slightly longer than the current model due to the new platform. In the later phase, Mahindra will use the new platform to develop other SUVs and Thar will be the first product to utilise the all-new -platform.
Mahindra is developing an all-new platform to comply with the new crash test regulations which will come into effect from October 1, 2019. The new Mahindra Thar will also feature a BS-VI compliant engine and will be more refined and have good highway cruising capability.
The currently sold Mahindra Thar follows the design language of the Jeep CJ. The new-gen Thar is expected to come with modern features such as touchscreen infotainment system, LED headlights, automatic climate control and much more.
The Mahindra Thar was launched in India in 2010 and the off-roader received a mid-life update in 2015. The updated model features a revamped interior, detachable soft-top, new bumpers and wheel arch claddings. However, the overall design remained the same with classy looks inspired by the Jeep CJ.
The current-gen Mahindra Thar is offered with two diesel engine options, a 2.5-litre and a 2.6-litre engine. The 2.5-litre unit produces 105bhp and 247Nm of torque and the 2.6-litre engine is good for 63bhp and 195Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Mahindra Thar
The Mahindra Thar is the top choice of the off-roaders in India and the SUV is branded as a lifestyle vehicle in the country. Now, Mahindra is working on the next-gen avatar of the That which will feature a new design and mechanical components. Mahindra is expected to launch the new Thar in 2019 in the Indian market.