- Movies SURPRISING! Jasmin Bhasin Quits Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji As She's Not Okay To Bond With Child On Screen!
- Technology Newly Discovered Exoplanets Are Closer To Earth And Possible Habitable
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: ATK signs Fijian sensation Roy Krishna
- Finance RBI Panel Suggests Doubling Collateral-Free Loan Limit To 20 Lakhs
- News Rahul Gandhi turns 49: Wishes pour in; PM Modi extends greetings
- Lifestyle Common Yoga Injuries & How To Avoid Them
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra is all set to launch its new flagship SUV, the Y400 in India on the 9th October 2018. According to Autocar India, the new Mahindra SUV is yet to be officially named. However, the car was showcased recently at a company event last month, with the Y400 moniker.
The new Mahindra Y400 SUV will be placed above the XUV500 in the brand's India line-up. The new flagship SUV was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, held earlier this year.
The Mahindra Y400 is based on the second-generation Ssangyong Rexton. For the Indian market, the SUV offers a new grille design with vertical slats, the front also features a prominent chrome grille just above the grille. Apart from the front grille, the front also features newly designed headlamps with DRL.
The overall design, however, closely resembles the Rexton SUV. Also, the Mahindra Y400 carries forward the same design for certain components such as the bumpers and tail light cluster from the Rexton. The Y400 though does come with newly designed sporty alloy wheels.
Inside, the Mahindra Y400 will offer a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, smartphone connectivity with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 360-degree camera,7.0-inch LCD instrument cluster and Nappa leather upholstery with cooled seats.
The Y400 SUV will be powered by a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder turbo diesel engine. It produces 187bhp and 420Nm of torque, mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox, sending power to the rear wheels. Although, an optional all-wheel-drive system will also be available.
The Mahindra Y400 SUV does come with a tweaked suspension setup, offering a slight change in the overall ride and handling characteristics.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Y400 SUV
The Mahindra Y400 is scheduled to launch in India on the 9th October 2018. Once launched, the Y400 is expected to go against rivals such as the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu MU-X in the Indian market. The new flagship SUV from Mahindra is expected to come with a starting price of Rs 24 lakh, ex-showroom.