- 10 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- News Congress has formed 'radical syndicate' with Jamaat-e-Islami, PFI; RJD also its part: BJP
- Finance Closed-End Funds: Know All About it
- Sports IPL 2020: Virat Kohli touches yet another milestone as he completes 200 sixes in IPL
- Movies TV Actress Preetika Chauhan Arrested By NCB While Procuring Marijuana From A Peddler
- Lifestyle 12 Simple Exercise Tips For People With Diabetes
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The Government of India has implemented the new tax regime, the Goods and Service Tax (GST) from July 1, 2017. And this has resulted in the revision of prices in the automobile industry.
India's leading carmaker, Maruti Suzuki has also announced the revised prices across the range. The Maruti Swift hatchback has also witnessed a revision of price across the country.
Ex-Showroom Price (Delhi)
|Model||Pre-GST Price Range||Post-GST Price Range||Price Difference|
|Maruti Swift||Rs 4.8 - 7.46 Lakh||Rs 4.79 - 7.46 Lakh||Rs 1,000|
The prices of the Maruti Swift has declined after the implementation of the GST in the country.
The prices of the Swift might differ from state to state and also depend on the variant of the hatchback. Bangalore can be taken as a representative city as the VAT of 14.5 percent matches the tax rates across the country.
Several automakers have decided to pass on the GST benefits to the customers in India. The entry segment and mid-sized cars will be cheaper. But the prices of the hybrid cars is set to increase as the tax rates of such vehicles goes up.