- 19 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 2 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 20 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 22 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Finance Ethereum London Fork: Important Things To Know
- Technology Meet HP Pavilion Aero, The Lightest AMD-Based Consumer Notebook
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Hockey: It's a proud and emotional moment for us: Harmanpreet Singh after bronze medal win
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Lauds Meghan Markle's 40X40 Initiative With A Sweet Birthday Note
- Education Tamil Nadu Approves 7.5% Reservation In Engineering Colleges For Government School Students
- News Opposition will keep fighting to raise people's issues including Pegasus matter: Mallikarjuna Kharge
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Skoda is working on bringing in a number of new models to the Indian market this year. A number of products have been spied undergoing testing on multiple occasions across India. One of these new products expected to go on sale very soon is the CNG variant of Skoda's most popular sedan, the Rapid.
The new Skoda Rapid CNG variant will go on sale sometime this year. Zac Hollis, Director, Sales & Marketing, Skoda India confirmed the Rapid CNG for the Indian market, while responding to a customer query on social media.
Zac Hollis took to Twitter to confirm that Skoda is indeed testing the CNG version of the Rapid sedan for the Indian market. Hollis further went on to confirm that Skoda has scheduled the launch of four new products in the market over the next 12 months.
He stated, "Yes CNG is in testing. We at Skoda are launching 4 new products in the next 12 months, starting with the World Premier of Kushaq this month."
The first among the four models coming to India is the Skoda Kushaq mid-size SUV, which is set to world premiere sometime later this month. Skoda will also be introducing the latest-generation Octavia in the Indian market, while a brand new C-segment sedan is also being worked on, which will be positioned above the Rapid.
Zac Hollis had previously confirmed that the new C-segment sedan will go on sale in India by the year-end. The upcoming sedan is said to be a bigger car and could be named the ‘Slavia'. Skoda had previously trademarked the ‘Slavia' name for an upcoming model. Considering the name isn't in line with the brand's SUV nomenclature, we are expecting ‘Slavia' to be the name for the new sedan in India — here are more details.
Having said that, Skoda Auto India currently has its hands full with the upcoming world premiere of its Kushaq SUV. The company has unveiled official design sketches of both the exterior and interior of the upcoming SUV, giving us a glimpse of what to expect — check out the sketches here.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Cars In The Indian Market
Skoda is working on an aggressive sales strategy for 2021. Starting with the much-awaited Kushaq SUV, the brand is expected to bring in a number of new models to the market, expanding its lineup, in turn widening its customer base.