- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 12 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 13 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 14 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: How Restoration of DA Will Change 7th Pay Commission Matrix?
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora, Aditi Rao Hydari, And Other Divas Inspire Us To Up Our Denim Jeans Style
- News Lakhs flout COVID-19 norms at Haridwar
- Sports IPL 2021: SRH vs RCB Match Analysis: Glenn Maxwell redeems himself
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For Today April 15: Get 2X Weapon Royale Vouchers
- Movies Rahul Roy And His Family Test Positive For COVID-19; Actor Says They Hadn't Even Stepped Out Of Home
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Skoda India will be launching a host of new models under the India 2.0 programme in the country. This includes the new upcoming C-segment sedan, which is scheduled to arrive by the end of this year to the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose only
Ahead of its launch, Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, revealed some of the information about the upcoming sedan. Replying to a customer query, he replied to the tweet saying the upcoming sedan will be bigger than the Skoda Rapid. It will also be positioned above the Rapid when launched in the Indian market.
Based on earlier reports, the upcoming sedan is expected to be called ‘Slavia' and could be replacing the Rapid during the time of its launch in the country. Skoda is yet to update its entire line-up to BS6 standards with a host of models in the pipeline for launch this year in the country.
The upcoming Slavia sedan is expected to be the second product to be launched under the Indian 2.0 programme. The sedan will use the same MQB A0 IN platform, that will also underpin the upcoming Skoda Kusaq SUV. The new platform will offer more room inside as compared to the outgoing model of the Skoda Rapid.
The Slavia will be offered with the petrol powertrains only. Unlike the Rapid, the new sedan could be offered with a choice of two turbo-petrol engine options. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up.
It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec variants of the sedan could be offered with a powerful 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine that currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The Skoda Slavia is expected to come packed with the latest technology and features. This includes LED lighting, front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree camera, large touchscreen infotainment with connected technology and the brand's virtual cockpit design using a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
Thoughts AboutSkoda To Launch New C-Segment Sedan This Year In India
The Skoda Rapid has been the brand's best-seller in the Indian market. However, the Salvia will be using a platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more room inside. Once launched, the Skoda Slavia will rival the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Hyundai Verna.