- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Skoda India will be launching a host of new models under the India 2.0 programme in the country. This includes the new upcoming C-segment sedan, which is scheduled to arrive by the end of this year to the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose only
Based on earlier reports, the upcoming sedan is expected to be called ‘Slavia' and could be replacing the Rapid during the time of its launch in the country. Skoda is yet to update its entire line-up to BS6 standards with a host of models in the pipeline for launch this year in the country.
The upcoming Slavia sedan is expected to be the second product to be launched under the Indian 2.0 programme. The sedan will use the same MQB A0 IN platform, that will also underpin the upcoming Skoda Kusaq SUV. The new platform will offer more room inside as compared to the outgoing model of the Skoda Rapid.
The Slavia will be offered with the petrol powertrains only. Unlike the Rapid, the new sedan could be offered with a choice of two turbo-petrol engine options. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up.
It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec variants of the sedan could be offered with a powerful 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine that currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The Skoda Slavia is expected to come packed with the latest technology and features. This includes LED lighting, front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree camera, large touchscreen infotainment with connected technology and the brand's virtual cockpit design using a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
Thoughts AboutSkoda To Launch New C-Segment Sedan This Year In India
The Skoda Rapid has been the brand's best-seller in the Indian market. However, the Salvia will be using a platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more room inside. Once launched, the Skoda Slavia will rival the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Hyundai Verna.