- 4 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- News Issue SOPs to contain spread of new Delta Plus AY.4.2: Rajasthan CM Gehlot to Centre
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Team India should fix these gaping holes ahead of New Zealand clash
- Technology Oppo Reno7 Series Might Not Include Reno7 Pro Plus Model; Here's Why
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Finance This Small Finance Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD: Now Get Up To 7.25%
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
Skoda India will be launching a host of new models under the India 2.0 programme in the country. This includes the new upcoming C-segment sedan, which is scheduled to arrive by the end of this year to the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose onlyAhead of its launch, Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, revealed some of the information about the upcoming sedan. Replying to a customer query, he replied to the tweet saying the upcoming sedan will be bigger than the Skoda Rapid. It will also be positioned above the Rapid when launched in the Indian market.
Based on earlier reports, the upcoming sedan is expected to be called ‘Slavia' and could be replacing the Rapid during the time of its launch in the country. Skoda is yet to update its entire line-up to BS6 standards with a host of models in the pipeline for launch this year in the country.
The upcoming Slavia sedan is expected to be the second product to be launched under the Indian 2.0 programme. The sedan will use the same MQB A0 IN platform, that will also underpin the upcoming Skoda Kusaq SUV. The new platform will offer more room inside as compared to the outgoing model of the Skoda Rapid.
The Slavia will be offered with the petrol powertrains only. Unlike the Rapid, the new sedan could be offered with a choice of two turbo-petrol engine options. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up.
It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec variants of the sedan could be offered with a powerful 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine that currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The Skoda Slavia is expected to come packed with the latest technology and features. This includes LED lighting, front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree camera, large touchscreen infotainment with connected technology and the brand's virtual cockpit design using a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
Thoughts AboutSkoda To Launch New C-Segment Sedan This Year In India
The Skoda Rapid has been the brand's best-seller in the Indian market. However, the Salvia will be using a platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more room inside. Once launched, the Skoda Slavia will rival the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Hyundai Verna.