- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
To fight against the COVID-19 crisis in India, many automobile manufacturers have come forward to help a lending hand and Tata Motors is one of them. The company is actively supporting the government's efforts to fight this pandemic.
Tata Motors adopted the E3 Strategy to fight against the Coronavirus crisis that includes essential supplies provision, equipping heroes on ground-zero and educating the masses for containment and prevention. With the help of this strategy, the company has positively impacted the lives of over 2.7 lakh Indians so far.
Till now the company has served over 1,12,025 cooked meals, 10,350 water bottles and distributed 10,153 ration kits to migrants and stranded communities, at urban slums, at transit camps, and villages across the country. They have established two helpline numbers for temporary and contractual workmen for food-related requests in Lucknow.
Tata Motors has also distributed 75,568 certified regular and disposable masks, 14,545 N-95 masks, two ventilators, 14,765 bottles of sanitizers, 275 Personal Protective Equipment kits, 5000 liters of Sodium Hydrochloride, five thermal scanners, and 3000 vitamin supplements to government hospitals across India.
In other recent COVID-19 news related news, Tata Motors has opened an online booking facility of all the cars across its portfolio. The customers have to go to the website and pick their favorite car and then book it by paying a token amount online.
After this process, the sales team will get in touch with the customers either via WhatsApp, email, or a video call to discuss the best offers, financing options, and price quotations. Once the process is completed, the customer can either choose to pick up the car from the dealership or have it delivered at home.
On the other hand, the company has announced a two month extended warranty period for its commercial vehicle customers located in South Africa, the Middle East, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, North-West Africa, and Latin America, for vehicles whose warranty expires after 15 March. Tata Motors has also set up a support helpline number (1800 209 7979) for trucks carrying essential goods and commodities, as specified by the Government of India.
Thoughts About The Aids Provided By Tata Motors Amidst COVID-19
Tata Motors has been helping people fight against the COVID-19 crisis worldwide by providing the necessary supplies. We hope that this effort, not only by Tata but all the manufacturers helping, puts an end to the global pandemic.