- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Skoda Auto showcased the Vision IN Concept at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year. The new Skoda Vision IN Concept is expected to go into production soon and is slated to launch in India sometime in early-2021.
Ahead of its launch, IAB has got its hands on the patent images of the all-new Skoda Vision IN based SUV. The Skoda Vision IN patent images gives us a clear glimpse of what could be the production-spec version of the new SUV coming to India.
The production-spec version will obviously be a toned-down version of the Vision IN concept showcased in India. The new Skoda SUV will also carry forward a different nameplate as well, in-line with the brand's SUV nomenclature. There were earlier reports that the new Skoda SUV once launched in India, could be called the ‘Kosmiq' — here are more details.
The production-spec Skoda Vision IN will also be one of the first models to feature the Volkswagen Group's latest MQB A0 IN platform. The same platform will also underpin the upcoming Taigun SUV from Volkswagen as well.
As seen from the patent images, the SUV will carry forward Skoda's aggressive design lines, embossed butterfly grille flanked on either side by LED headlamps and fog lamps, silver scuff plates on blacked-out body cladding on the front and rear bumpers, panoramic sunroof, large roof rails, blacked-out B-pillar, sleek ORVMs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, LED taillights and a sculpted boot-lid with a roof-mounted spoiler.
Interiors of the Skoda SUV hasn't been revealed yet although based on the concept, we can assume it will be minimalistic.
The interiors of the new SUV could come with a large touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottom steering wheel, virtual cockpit (digital instrument cluster), dual-zone climate control, cruise control and a centre console with minimum knobs and buttons; among a host of others as well.
Once launched in India, there are also reports which suggest that the new Skoda SUV could come powered by two turbo-petrol engine options: 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-litre TSI. These are the same engines which power the recently introduced Rapid and Karoq models, respectively — here are more details on the powertrain options.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Patent Images
The Skoda Vision IN patent images gives us the first clear glimpse of what the upcoming SUV could look like. The new Skoda SUV will be sold alongside the Karoq in the mid-size SUV offering.
The new SUV once launched will rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the market.