- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News AP EAMCET 2020 Phase 2 seat allotment date and time details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 6 Spotted: Key Details Revealed
- Movies Karan Johar's Emotional Post On Varun Dhawan's Wedding: My Boy Is Ready For This Beautiful Phase In His Life
- Finance Indices Start On A Strong Note; RIL Top Loser
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Skoda Auto showcased the Vision IN Concept at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year. The new Skoda Vision IN Concept is expected to go into production soon and is slated to launch in India sometime in early-2021.
Ahead of its launch, IAB has got its hands on the patent images of the all-new Skoda Vision IN based SUV. The Skoda Vision IN patent images gives us a clear glimpse of what could be the production-spec version of the new SUV coming to India.
The production-spec version will obviously be a toned-down version of the Vision IN concept showcased in India. The new Skoda SUV will also carry forward a different nameplate as well, in-line with the brand's SUV nomenclature. There were earlier reports that the new Skoda SUV once launched in India, could be called the ‘Kosmiq' — here are more details.
The production-spec Skoda Vision IN will also be one of the first models to feature the Volkswagen Group's latest MQB A0 IN platform. The same platform will also underpin the upcoming Taigun SUV from Volkswagen as well.
As seen from the patent images, the SUV will carry forward Skoda's aggressive design lines, embossed butterfly grille flanked on either side by LED headlamps and fog lamps, silver scuff plates on blacked-out body cladding on the front and rear bumpers, panoramic sunroof, large roof rails, blacked-out B-pillar, sleek ORVMs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, LED taillights and a sculpted boot-lid with a roof-mounted spoiler.
Interiors of the Skoda SUV hasn't been revealed yet although based on the concept, we can assume it will be minimalistic.
The interiors of the new SUV could come with a large touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottom steering wheel, virtual cockpit (digital instrument cluster), dual-zone climate control, cruise control and a centre console with minimum knobs and buttons; among a host of others as well.
Once launched in India, there are also reports which suggest that the new Skoda SUV could come powered by two turbo-petrol engine options: 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-litre TSI. These are the same engines which power the recently introduced Rapid and Karoq models, respectively — here are more details on the powertrain options.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Patent Images
The Skoda Vision IN patent images gives us the first clear glimpse of what the upcoming SUV could look like. The new Skoda SUV will be sold alongside the Karoq in the mid-size SUV offering.
The new SUV once launched will rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the market.