- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Skoda Vision IN will feature two turbo-petrol engine options when launched in India. The upcoming SUV's concept was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. It is a new SUV that will be launched under the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
The leaked patent images by TeamBHP, the Skoda Vision IN will be offered with 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine options, although the latter will be available only on the top-end trims of the SUV.
We know that the Vision IN will be largely based on the brand's Kamiq SUV that is sold in the international markets. And according to the recent media reports the upcoming SUV from the Czech brand is likely to be named ‘Kosmiq' when launched in India. The company is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime during the first half of 2021.
Coming back to the engine options, the 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine currently powers the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque, and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The upcoming Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec version of the Vision IN Concept) will be part of the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Kosmiq SUV will be built on the brand's MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically made for the Indian market to offer more cabin space.
This particular platform underpins a host of models from Skoda and Volkswagen including the newly launched Karoq and T-Roc SUVs from both brands respectively. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV will also feature the same platform as well.
The new Kosmiq SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology, a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN To Feature Two Turbo Petrol Engine Options
Once launched, the Skoda Vision IN ‘Kosmiq' will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun; among others in the Indian market. With two turbo-petrol engine options, the Vision IN can target a wider audience with top-spec being the choice among enthusiasts.