- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News AP EAMCET 2020 Phase 2 seat allotment date and time details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 6 Spotted: Key Details Revealed
- Movies Karan Johar's Emotional Post On Varun Dhawan's Wedding: My Boy Is Ready For This Beautiful Phase In His Life
- Finance Indices Start On A Strong Note; RIL Top Loser
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Skoda Vision IN will feature two turbo-petrol engine options when launched in India. The upcoming SUV's concept was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. It is a new SUV that will be launched under the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
The leaked patent images by TeamBHP, the Skoda Vision IN will be offered with 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine options, although the latter will be available only on the top-end trims of the SUV.
We know that the Vision IN will be largely based on the brand's Kamiq SUV that is sold in the international markets. And according to the recent media reports the upcoming SUV from the Czech brand is likely to be named ‘Kosmiq' when launched in India. The company is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime during the first half of 2021.
Coming back to the engine options, the 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine currently powers the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque, and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The upcoming Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec version of the Vision IN Concept) will be part of the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Kosmiq SUV will be built on the brand's MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically made for the Indian market to offer more cabin space.
This particular platform underpins a host of models from Skoda and Volkswagen including the newly launched Karoq and T-Roc SUVs from both brands respectively. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV will also feature the same platform as well.
The new Kosmiq SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology, a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN To Feature Two Turbo Petrol Engine Options
Once launched, the Skoda Vision IN ‘Kosmiq' will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun; among others in the Indian market. With two turbo-petrol engine options, the Vision IN can target a wider audience with top-spec being the choice among enthusiasts.