- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Skoda India showcased their new concept SUV, the Vision IN in the country at the 2020 Auto Expo. The new Skoda Vision IN concept is part of the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
Skoda is said to be working on a brand-new mid-size SUV for the Indian market. The new SUV from the Czech brand will be inspired from the Vision IN concept and is expected to be introduced in India in 2021.
Now, Gaadiwaadi has reported that this new mid-size SUV could be called the ‘Kosmiq'. Although the company has also registered three other names as well: Kliq, Karmiq and Konarq, which could also be used as well.
The new Skoda Kosmiq once introduced in India by early-2021 is expected to be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV will rival the likes of the Kai Seltos, MG Hector and the Volkswagen T-Roc in the Indian market.
The new production-spec SUV of the Vision IN once launched in India will be powered by both petrol and diesel engines. This includes the brand's new set of BS6-compliant TSI and TDI units. Both the petrol and diesel engines will come mated to both manual and automatic transmission units as well.
The new Skoda Kosmiq SUV will also come with a host of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with connected technology, fully-digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and a host of other driver-assistance features and equipment as well.
As mentioned before, the new Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec version of the Vision IN Concept) will be part of the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Kosmiq SUV will come with the brand's MQB A0 IN platform. This is the same architecture that also underpins the T-Roc and the upcoming Taigun SUV from Volkswagen.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kosmiq SUV India Launch Plans
The Skoda Kosmiq will be the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and is scheduled to go on sale next year. The mid-size SUV will be priced at a slight premium compared to its rivals in the segment.