- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Skoda India showcased their new concept SUV, the Vision IN in the country at the 2020 Auto Expo. The new Skoda Vision IN concept is part of the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
Skoda is said to be working on a brand-new mid-size SUV for the Indian market. The new SUV from the Czech brand will be inspired from the Vision IN concept and is expected to be introduced in India in 2021.
Now, Gaadiwaadi has reported that this new mid-size SUV could be called the ‘Kosmiq'. Although the company has also registered three other names as well: Kliq, Karmiq and Konarq, which could also be used as well.
The new Skoda Kosmiq once introduced in India by early-2021 is expected to be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV will rival the likes of the Kai Seltos, MG Hector and the Volkswagen T-Roc in the Indian market.
The new production-spec SUV of the Vision IN once launched in India will be powered by both petrol and diesel engines. This includes the brand's new set of BS6-compliant TSI and TDI units. Both the petrol and diesel engines will come mated to both manual and automatic transmission units as well.
The new Skoda Kosmiq SUV will also come with a host of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with connected technology, fully-digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and a host of other driver-assistance features and equipment as well.
As mentioned before, the new Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec version of the Vision IN Concept) will be part of the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Kosmiq SUV will come with the brand's MQB A0 IN platform. This is the same architecture that also underpins the T-Roc and the upcoming Taigun SUV from Volkswagen.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kosmiq SUV India Launch Plans
The Skoda Kosmiq will be the brand's latest offering in the Indian market and is scheduled to go on sale next year. The mid-size SUV will be priced at a slight premium compared to its rivals in the segment.