- 6 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 11 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- Technology Amazon Wow Salary Days: Offers On Electronics Days Sale
- Movies Nishabdham Movie Review: Anushka Shetty Starrer Is A Gripping And Heart Stopping Thriller!
- Education Gandhi Quiz: Mahatma Gandhi Quiz For Students On Gandhi Jayanti
- Finance Airfare Refund: Here's How Oct 1 SC Ruling Does Good To Passengers
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch their updated flagship SUV, the 2020 GLS in the Indian market on June 17. Martin Schwenk, CEO and MD of Mercedes-Benz India, has confirmed the launch of new GLS on his social media channel.
The company had teased the up-coming luxury-SUV on its website ahead of its launch. The upcoming GLS will be more spacious and will feature more technology as compared to the older model.
The new-generation Mercedes-Benz GLS is 77mm longer and 22mm wider than its predecessor. The SUV also features a longer wheelbase than the older model — a 60mm increase in length between the front and the back wheels, which is expected to increase the legroom for second and third-row passengers.
The upcoming GLS is its third iteration that was unveiled during April 2019. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS receives an updated exterior design that is in line with the company's latest design philosophy. These include a new two-slat grille, multi-beam LED headlamps, new front and rear bumpers, new LED taillights, and dual exhaust port; among others.
On the Inside, the new GLS comes equipped with a host of new features including two 12.3-inch screens, one for the instrument cluster and the other for an infotainment system. The infotainment system will feature the brand's latest MBUX connected technology with a host of voice commands to help you control the features of the car just by speaking to it.
Other features include two 11.6-inch touchscreens for rear-seat entertainment, five-zone climate control, wireless charging, and lumbar support & massage functions for the second-row seats, and another seven-inch removable tablet placed on the rear-centre console to control different features of the SUV.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS will also come equipped with best-in-class safety equipment including a 360-degree camera, a (HUD) Head-Up Display, ABS, multiple airbags, traction control, stability control, hill hold, and hill descent control, cruise control and more.
The new-generation Mercedes-Benz is expected to be offered with a pair of 3.0-litre diesel and petrol engine options. The six-cylinder diesel engine will produce 285bhp and a massive 600Nm of peak torque, while the 3.0-litre petrol unit churns out 366bhp and 500Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a nine-speed G-Tronic automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
In related news, Mercedes-Benz has resumed its operations post the announcement of relaxations on the nation-wide lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company has launched a couple of AMG models in the Indian market.
The powerful Mercedes-AMG GT-R retails at a starting price of Rs 2.48, ex-showroom (India). It is powered by a 4.0-litre Bi-turbo V8 engine that produces 577bhp and 700Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox — here are all the details.
Another AMG model to be launched in the Indian market is the C63 Coupe that retails at a starting price of Rs 1.33 crore, ex-showroom (India). It also uses a 4.0-litre V8 Bi-Turbo engine that produces 469bhp and 650Nm of torque — here are complete details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India
The next-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS will feature luxury premium leather, best-in-class features, and a top-notch surround sound system. Besides, the lockdown has forced most of the auto manufacturer to launch vehicles using digital mediums, we expect Mercedes-Benz to launch their flagship SUV in a similar fashion.