- 4 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Mercedes-Benz has launched the 2020 AMG GT-R in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-AMG GT-R is available with a price tag starting at Rs 2.48 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new AMG GT-R comes with a number of subtle updates and revisions over the previous model as part of its mid-cycle refresh.
Although visually the new Mercedes-AMG GT-R looks identical to its predecessor, there are a few subtle changes. This includes an updated front bumper with canards on either end, revised LED headlamps, panamericana grille and brake cooling measures.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R also receives a slight update to the design of the rear carbon-fibre wing, AMG performance exhaust system and a much wider rear bumper as well. The updates are however, mostly limited to just the exteriors, with the cabin carrying forward the same design, layout and all the features and equipment from its previous model.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R comes powered by the same 4.0-litre Bi-Turbo V8 engine, which has now been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. It produces 577bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, paired with an AMG Speedshift seven-speed automatic transmission unit.
Performance-wise, the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R claims to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds while reaching a top speed of 318km/h. The new AMG GT-R is said to be almost 14kg lighter than the previous model, which combined with the rear-wheel steering feature, makes it even more agile and improves handling.
The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R launch was part of the brand's first online virtual conference. The new AMG GT-R was introduced in the Indian market alongside the new AMG C 63 Coupe, priced at Rs 1.33 crore — here are the details.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented,
"With a strong market presence, supported by a wide portfolio of performance cars and a dedicated retail network, our AMG strategy has helped us in cementing our market leadership in the luxury performance car segment."
"Encouraging customer demand for our top-end AMGs emerging both from the metro and non-metro markets validates our efforts to introduce new products in the performance segment. Our decision of introducing these two products is aimed at expanding the top-of-the pyramid performance segment, which has witnessed encouraging demand in 2019."
"We are confident that the AMG C 63 Coupé and the AMG GT R will continue to create momentum and further expand the segment."
Martin Schwenk further added, "The launch of two new AMGs reiterates our commitment towards introducing the best of products from our global portfolio. We are confident that both these halo products will further enhance the customer excitement created by the AMG GT 4 Door Coupe, which we launched at the Auto Expo."
"Mercedes' product offensive for the Indian market will continue as we keep exciting our customers not only with fascinating products and services but also with innovative brand experiences."
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R India Launch
Mercedes-AMG GT-R is one of the most popular Gran Tourer sports cars in the world. The AMG GT-R was introduced years ago and since then has had a number of updates and various versions as well. The 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R in India rivals the likes of the Jaguar F-Type and the Porsche 911 series.