- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Maruti Ignis since its inception has had a good amount of fan following. At the time of launch, the crossover hatchback was offered with both petrol and diesel options. However, the company had to discontinue the diesel variant since it was not a success.
According to GaadiWaadi, the Maruti Ignis is due for a facelift and a BS6 engine update and will make its debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. So what can we expect from the upcoming facelifted Ignis? Read more to find out.
Starting with the front end, the facelifted Ignis will be getting a new bumper and a redesigned front grille. Also, the front bumper will feature a faux skid plate to enhance the crossover hatchback's looks. The car gets the same set of headlight units with a projector and LED DRLs and a set of foglights that are positioned on either side of the bumper.
Considering the changes done to the front end, the rear is also expected to get some updates like a set of new taillights and a revised bumper. There will also be a roof-mounted spoiler as an optional accessory.
On the inside, the facelifted Ignis will get a revised interior and a new colour upholstery for the seats. Details about what all has changed are still not known. The car will also get a new SmartPlay Studio unit that is already available on the new Baleno. Along with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto, the SmartPlay Studio will have some additional features such as information on the driving behavior and fuel consumption.
Mechanically, the Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre, K12B petrol engine. That engine is capable of producing 82bhp of power and a peak torque of 113Nm. The Facelifted Ignis is expected to get the same K12B engine but, in a BS6 avatar; And since it will be a BS6 compliant engine, we expected the power and torque figures to decrease slightly. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.
Thoughts On The BS6 Maruti Ignis
The Maruti Ignis is an entry-level premium hatchback offering in India. The premium hatchback will continue to be sold through Nexa dealerships across the country. Once launched, the facelifted BS6 Ignis will go up against the like of the Mahindra KUV100, Hyundai Grand i10, and the Renault Kwid Climber.