- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News US owes India USD 216 billion
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Reacts To Fans Expressing Concern Over His Health After Undergoing A Surgery
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Maruti Ignis since its inception has had a good amount of fan following. At the time of launch, the crossover hatchback was offered with both petrol and diesel options. However, the company had to discontinue the diesel variant since it was not a success.
According to GaadiWaadi, the Maruti Ignis is due for a facelift and a BS6 engine update and will make its debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. So what can we expect from the upcoming facelifted Ignis? Read more to find out.
Starting with the front end, the facelifted Ignis will be getting a new bumper and a redesigned front grille. Also, the front bumper will feature a faux skid plate to enhance the crossover hatchback's looks. The car gets the same set of headlight units with a projector and LED DRLs and a set of foglights that are positioned on either side of the bumper.
Considering the changes done to the front end, the rear is also expected to get some updates like a set of new taillights and a revised bumper. There will also be a roof-mounted spoiler as an optional accessory.
On the inside, the facelifted Ignis will get a revised interior and a new colour upholstery for the seats. Details about what all has changed are still not known. The car will also get a new SmartPlay Studio unit that is already available on the new Baleno. Along with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto, the SmartPlay Studio will have some additional features such as information on the driving behavior and fuel consumption.
Mechanically, the Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre, K12B petrol engine. That engine is capable of producing 82bhp of power and a peak torque of 113Nm. The Facelifted Ignis is expected to get the same K12B engine but, in a BS6 avatar; And since it will be a BS6 compliant engine, we expected the power and torque figures to decrease slightly. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.
Thoughts On The BS6 Maruti Ignis
The Maruti Ignis is an entry-level premium hatchback offering in India. The premium hatchback will continue to be sold through Nexa dealerships across the country. Once launched, the facelifted BS6 Ignis will go up against the like of the Mahindra KUV100, Hyundai Grand i10, and the Renault Kwid Climber.