- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
MG Motors India will reopen the booking of its electric-SUV on June 1. The company has announced the new on its official social media channel. The ZS EV will also be available in six new cities across the country.
The MG ZS electric-SUV was launched in January this year at a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Initially, the SUV was sold only in five cities: Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. However, the company is now extending the sales of the electric-SUV to six new cities that includes Pune, Surat, Cochin, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Chennai.
Customer in the following 11 cities can book the electric SUV from June 1st at the company's dealerships or online using ‘MY MG App'. The smartphone application allows you to book the electric SUV at the comfort of your home and also help you track the manufacturing process of the electric-SUV, which is a feature exclusive to MG ZS EV customers — here are more details.
The MG ZS EV is offered in two variants: Excite and Exclusive. The top-trim of the electric SUV is priced at Rs 23.58 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company had registered 158 units sold within the first month of its launch in the Indian market. The company aims to increase those number by expanding sales in more cities across the country.
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It electric-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge.
The charge times for ZS EV via a home charger are rated between 6 to 7 hours to charge up to 80 per cent. While charing the SUV through a 50kW DC fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 50 mins. The electric SUV also features three-levels of regenerative braking technology, which charges the batteries while braking that results in an increased driving range.
The exterior of the electric SUV features MG's star-rider grille, LED DRLs with projector headlamps, heated external rear-view mirrors, roof rails, LED tail-lamps; among others. On the inside, the ZS EV features a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's ‘i-Smart' connected car technology as well.
Other features include digital instrument cluster, 2.5 PM air-filter, multiple driving modes, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, and 60 plus commands to control your car through a smartphone or with AI assistance. The electric-SUV is offered in three colours: Ferris White, Copenhagen Blue, and Currant Red.
In related news, MG Motors has introduced a whole of host of new initiatives to ensure the safety and wellbeing of customers and its workforce during these unprecedented times. Called the ‘MG Shield+', it offers a complete digital solution and safety guidelines to promote contactless and social distancing — here are all the details.
The company is also gearing up to launch an all-new model after their ZS EV in the Indian market. It will be a three-row variant of the Standard Hector SUV to accommodate more passengers inside. The company has named the extended SUV as the Hector Plus, and it has been recently spotted testing at the company's manufacturing facility in Gujurat — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen With New Cities Added To The List
MG Motor India has been aggressive with its electric-SUV plans even before it was launched in the Indian market. The company made sure that proper charging infrastructure is available in cities to help the ZS EV customers. With new cities getting added to the list we expect the company to set up more charging stations in the new cities that are added as well. All in all, MG Motor has received a great response for the ZS EV in India.