- 31 min ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Movies Eid-Ul-Fitr 2020: Dipika Kakar, Sana Khan, Neha Kakkar, And Others Wish Fans Eid Mubarak
- News Top Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorist killed in J&K
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motors has launched a new 'Shield+' programme in India to promote contactless digital sales and service experience across the country. The Shield+ initiative has been introduced in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
The Shield+ program offers a comprehensive set of services with a key focus on contact-free technology, doorstep delivery of services and improved sanitization. It also promotes voice interaction across various platforms including dealerships.
The programme also features ‘MG VPHY' which is a voice-guided demonstration of its vehicles. Once the customers visit the showrooms, they can walk up to the display cars and scan the QR code. This will start a voice-assisted demonstration guiding the customers through various features of the car.
Under the Shield+ programme, MG Motor India will continue to push (OTA) Over-The-Air updates to the ‘MG i-Smart' infotainment system for its vehicles, which will either add new features or optimize an existing one. Customers will be able to upgrade the software of their MG's i-SMART infotainment system at their convenience, without needing to visit the service station.
Additionally, the company is also offering its customers to safeguard their vehicles from the deadly virus. Called the ‘MGCare@Home', customers can request for several quick services including sanitization, disinfection, and fumigation through trained technicians at home for their vehicles. They can also request for ‘MGerm Clean', which fumigates the vehicle's cabin and interiors completely.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, "As a forward-looking brand, we constantly look at innovation and technology to drive better customer experiences. In the new era, digital and contact-less experiences play an even more crucial role."
"Shield+ is an umbrella sales and service programme aimed at the complete convenience of our customers in the new normal and is a testimony of our commitment to the safety of our customers. The program keeps customer experience at the core and is driven by innovation and technology, a core pillar at MG," he further added.
MG Motor India is well prepared to safeguard customers and its workforce and promote proper hygiene and social distancing during these unprecedented times. The company primary focus is towards the health and wellbeing of its employees. This is done by conducting thermal scanning of all staff and visitors, equipping them with PPEs, and periodic sanitization of display cars and various areas across the showrooms.
In related news, the company has also launched a new mobile application called ‘MY MG App', which is aimed to enhance the digital experience for its potential buyers and customers. Most of the sales and service process can now be carried out via a smartphone application — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Motors Shield Plus Programme Launched In India
Most of the businesses including automotive brands in India are promoting contactless transactions to ensure safety during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. MG is at the forefront of providing a complete digital experience to its customers and potential buyers through the ‘Shield+' programme.