- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- News Earthquake hits Delhi
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India recently announced that its first product, the Hector SUV, has received over 50,000 bookings in the Indian market last year. The company also announced that sales of the SUV are close to 20,000 units during the same period.
The MG Hector is the country's first ‘Internet Car' and was launched in mid-2019. The company since then has received an overwhelming response for the SUV. MG Motor is now said to be expanding operations in India to meet the demand for their products in the Indian market.
The company stated that it will increase its footprint in India very soon. MG Motor currently has 200 centres across the country, which is said to increase to 250 by the end of March 2020.
Apart from the Hector, MG Motors also introduced the ZS EV SUV in the Indian market recently and are scheduled to bring in their third model, the Gloster, to India sometime around Diwali this year.
Coming back to the MG Hector, the SUV was the first product from the brand in the Indian market. The MG Hector is offered in a total of 4 variants: Style, Super Smart and Sharp. All four variants are further available in a choice of three engine configurations.
This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol with an optional 48V mild-hybrid technology producing 143bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. All engines are offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission; the petrol engine gets the optional automatic gearbox as well.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer - MG Motor India, stated:
"The Hector continues its strong momentum in the Indian market, crossing the 50,000-mark in terms of bookings received in just 8 months since its launch. We continue to accelerate this momentum by opening new brand outlets closer to our prospective customers in tier-I and tier-II cities."
Gaurav Gupta also mentioned about the upcoming 6-seater Hector Plus, stating:
"With plans to launch the Hector Plus 6-seater family version in Q3 2020, we aim to further strengthen the Hector brand in India."
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales & Bookings
The MG Hector positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment. Since its launch in the Indian market, the big-SUV has created quite a buzz and an overwhelming response. The MG Hector continues to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass & the Hyundai Creta.