- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Wasim Jaffer rubbishes pitch talks, tells English batters to score runs
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BS6 crossover-hatchback has been teased ahead of its launch. The teaser released on the company's official website reveals that the S-Cross features a BS6 compliant petrol engine.
The Nexa website says: "Get ready for the S-Cross petrol arriving soon". The upcoming crossover-hatchback will be powered by Suzuki's 1.5-litre ‘SVHS' mild-hybrid petrol engine. The same engine is also featured on the Ertiga, the Ciaz and the Vitara Brezza models from the company's line-up.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder mild-hybrid engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The company is also expected to offer the S-Cross BS6 petrol model with an optional four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission on the higher-spec trims.
The (SHVS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki's mild-hybrid technology will enable the crossover-hatchback to feature an idle start-stop system, a brake-energy regeneration system, and a torque-assist function. These features will enhance the engine's performance and efficiency levels as compared to non-hybrid units.
Apart from the engine, the upcoming BS6 S-Cross is expected to undergo slight design revisions inside out. These include a new headlamp, tail lamp and alloy wheel design. On the inside, the S-Cross BS6 models will feature the company's latest SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system, connected technology, and new upholstery as well.
Maruti Suzuki introduced the S-Cross back in August 2015, and was the first product retailed from the company's premium dealership chain Nexa. The S-Cross was sold only in four trims, all featuring a 1.3-litre diesel engine paired to a manual transmission producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
The crossover was given a facelift in 2017 with exterior changes and feature additions which resulted in increased sales. However, the diesel engine has been discontinued by the brand, and will not be carried forward to achieve BS6 compliance. The company had showcased the BS6 compliant Maruti Suzuki S-Cross at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch.
The BS4 S-Cross retailed between Rs 8.80 lakh and Rs 11.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With a new petrol engine, prices for the upcoming crossover are expected to be similar or slightly lower than the previous diesel model. Maruti Suzuki has also announced their sales figures for the month of March — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BS6 Petrol Teased Ahead Of India Launch
Like most manufacturers, Maruti Suzuki has registered a massive decline in sales due to several factors. However, the company is looking to improve numbers for the next month and what better way to start than bringing back their crossover hatchback with a petrol engine. The S-Cross has always been a popular choice among enthusiasts, but with a petrol engine, the crossover is expected to appeal to a wider audience.