- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 5 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 20 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports US Olympic sprint great Bobby Morrow dies, World Athletics pays tribute
- News Army rejects purported video of eastern Ladakh face-off
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki has received over 5,000 bookings for the Ignis hatchback in the country. This new milestone has been achieved during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, and the resulting nation-wide lockdown that was announced in the country.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, confirmed this news while speaking to carandbike in an interview. The new Ignis went on sale in the Indian market during the month of February, before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect.
Mr Srivastava further added that the Ignis has been developed as the market demanded a more SUV-ish looking hatchback. However, it feels that the Ignis hatchback is a way ahead of time and it would take some time to make a huge impact. As a result, the company is pushing the Ignis hatchback with its marketing campaign across the country.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis BS6 model retails at a starting price of Rs 4.83 lakh, while the top-spec ‘Alpha' variant gets a Rs 4,000 price increase and is offered with a price tag of Rs 7.14 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The latest iteration of the new model features subtle changes to its exterior and the interiors of the hatchback. This includes an updated front grille with chrome accents and surrounds, a redesigned front bumper, and a new front fascia with a larger and more prominent scuff plate. Additionally, the mid-spec ‘Delta' variant features a roof-mounted spoiler, roof rails and body cladding all around the hatchback.
On the inside, the 2020 Maruti Ignis features the brand's latest SmartPlay studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and voice commands; among others. Other features on the BS6 Ignis are carried forward from its BS4 counterpart.
Speaking about the changes under the bonnet, the Ignis hatchback is powered by the same engine that is now updated to meet BS6 emission standards. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. The Suzuki Ignis is also offered with an optional five-speed AMT transmission on the mid-spec and the top-spec trims of the hatchback.
Alongside, the company has also seen a great response for the brand's compact-SUV, the 2020 Vitara Brezza. It has also achieved a new milestone, with bookings crossing 25,000 mark in the Indian market — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Receiving Over 5,000 Bookings
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is an entry-level model that is sold under the brand's premium dealership chain, Nexa in the Indian market. With the new Ignis bookings crossing 5,000 mark, it will continue to sell in a steady sales volume for the company.