- 5 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 22 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020 MI vs CSK Match 1 Updates: Stage set for opener
- Movies Hina Khan Ready To Romance Mohsin Or Rohan On-Screen; Says It's High Time We Should Break Barriers
- News J&K announces Rs 1,350 crore economic relief amid covid
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Lifestyle Rosh Hashanah 2020: Know About This Festival In Detail
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki has received over 5,000 bookings for the Ignis hatchback in the country. This new milestone has been achieved during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, and the resulting nation-wide lockdown that was announced in the country.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, confirmed this news while speaking to carandbike in an interview. The new Ignis went on sale in the Indian market during the month of February, before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect.
Mr Srivastava further added that the Ignis has been developed as the market demanded a more SUV-ish looking hatchback. However, it feels that the Ignis hatchback is a way ahead of time and it would take some time to make a huge impact. As a result, the company is pushing the Ignis hatchback with its marketing campaign across the country.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis BS6 model retails at a starting price of Rs 4.83 lakh, while the top-spec ‘Alpha' variant gets a Rs 4,000 price increase and is offered with a price tag of Rs 7.14 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The latest iteration of the new model features subtle changes to its exterior and the interiors of the hatchback. This includes an updated front grille with chrome accents and surrounds, a redesigned front bumper, and a new front fascia with a larger and more prominent scuff plate. Additionally, the mid-spec ‘Delta' variant features a roof-mounted spoiler, roof rails and body cladding all around the hatchback.
On the inside, the 2020 Maruti Ignis features the brand's latest SmartPlay studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and voice commands; among others. Other features on the BS6 Ignis are carried forward from its BS4 counterpart.
Speaking about the changes under the bonnet, the Ignis hatchback is powered by the same engine that is now updated to meet BS6 emission standards. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. The Suzuki Ignis is also offered with an optional five-speed AMT transmission on the mid-spec and the top-spec trims of the hatchback.
Alongside, the company has also seen a great response for the brand's compact-SUV, the 2020 Vitara Brezza. It has also achieved a new milestone, with bookings crossing 25,000 mark in the Indian market — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Receiving Over 5,000 Bookings
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is an entry-level model that is sold under the brand's premium dealership chain, Nexa in the Indian market. With the new Ignis bookings crossing 5,000 mark, it will continue to sell in a steady sales volume for the company.