- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News PM Modi speaks to CMs of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand on COVID situation
- Sports 75 Days for Tokyo: 'Staying focused on our mission despite the hurdles,' say India Captains Manpreet and Rani
- Finance 2 High Rated Small Cap Funds That Gave 1-Year Returns Over 100%
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Mahindra Thar is about to get a price hike in the Indian market. The new-gen off-road SUV is expected to receive a price hike in the Indian market, marking the end of its introductory pricing. The Mahindra Thar currently retails between Rs 9.80 lakh and Rs 13.75 lakh, (ex-showroom, Delhi).
According to our sources, the company is expected to increase the prices of the off-roader. It is could go up by as much as Rs 40,000 depending on the variant of the SUV. The new-gen off-road SUV has received an overwhelming response from the market and is currently having a waiting period over six months.
Mahindra conducted several mega delivery camps to help customers celebrated with the new Thar during the Dushera and Diwali in the country. The SUVs are being delivered to customers based on the sequence of bookings received for the available variants.
Additionally, customers who have booked their Thar are being assured by the company by connecting with them, individually. Thar customers are provided with a likely or exact delivery date, thereby assuring them at every step of the waiting period.
Mahindra is also fast-tracking the production process of increasing the capacity both at its Nasik facility and the supplier end. Earlier Mahindra had planned for a capacity of about 2,000 vehicles per month and is now getting ready to ramp it up to 3,000 by January.
While racking up sales number for the brand since its launch last month, the new Mahindra Thar has also secured a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP crash test. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection — here are all details.
The Thar is essentially available in two variants: AX series & LX series. The AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone SUV with minimum electronic assistance. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day, making it the ultimate urban cruiser.
The second-generation Thar features an all-new design along with a host of equipment giving the SUV an upmarket feel. The company has added a new petrol engine along with the existing diesel engine on the new-gen off-road SUV. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Price Increase In India
The Mahindra Thar strikes a perfect balance between a hardcore off-road SUV and an easy to drive urban cruiser. As a result, the SUV has attracted many general buyers with its latest iteration. Whether the SUV's popularity will be affected after its price increase in the market, remains to be seen.