- 10 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 11 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- Technology Flipkart Apple Days May 2021 Sale: Discount Offer On iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, And More
- News Centre eases procurement norms of medical supplies for various ministries
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The all-new Mahindra Thar has been crash-tested by Global NCAP. The new-generation off-roader from Mahindra has managed to secure an impressive four-stars for both adult and child occupant safety.
The new Mahindra Thar scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety. It also managed to secure a ‘surprisingly' impressive score of 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection, confirming its four-star safety rating. The SUV underwent the standard frontal-offset impact at 64km/h.
The Mahindra Thar is now the safest off-roader in the country. It is also the only model in India, apart from the Mahindra XUV300 to register a four-star safety rating for child occupant protection.
The SUV was tested with standard safety equipment on board. This included dual airbags, ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioners and ISOFIX child seat anchorages. As per the official reports, the front passengers received good protection to their neck and heads due to the airbags.
Further, the driver's chest received adequate protection while passenger chest protection was considered good. The structure was considered stable, although the lower footboard did come under the unstable category.
In terms of child occupant protection, GNCAP confirmed that all child occupants received good levels of protection. This was mainly due to the Thar offering ISOFIX child seat anchorages and three-point seatbelt as standard for all seating positions.
Alejandro Furas, Secretary-General of Global NCAP said,
"Mahindra's commitment to safer cars is once again displayed for consumers and shows that it is possible to offer good safety performance in the Indian market. It is encouraging to see manufacturers that also offer high levels of protection for children travelling in their vehicles. The Thar demonstrates the capacity of Mahindra to improve its fleet safety."
David Ward, President of the Towards Zero Foundation said,
"Another good result for Mahindra which shows the manufacturer's commitment to safety. It is very satisfying to see this growing vehicle safety trend in the Indian car market, which combines minimum regulatory requirements with the purchasing power of #SaferCarsforIndia informed consumers, helping to drive demand for ever safer vehicles."
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Global NCAP Crash Test Results
The Mahindra Thar is now the safest off-roader in the country. The crash test results will come as an excellent image booster to the already popular Thar SUV. The results showcase the commitment of Mahindra towards offering its customers some of the safest cars in the market.