- 44 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 49 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Technology Constitution Day Quiz 2020: Everything You Need To Know
- Sports India vs Australia: India have quality player in Mayank Agarwal to replace Rohit Sharma: Aaron Finch
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage In July
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Mahindra has announced the latest booking details of the all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market. As per the reports from the company, the Thar SUV bookings cross 20,000 units milestone mark in the country, with the demand continue to rise for the off-roader.
The off-road SUV has achieved a new milestone for the brand within just 45 days from its launch. Mahindra says that the hard-top automatic and manual in both engine options are among the most preferred variant by customers.
The company also announced that, as a result of the overwhelming response, there is a waiting period ranging between 5 months and 7 months on the all-new Thar. As a result, the company is fast-tracking the production process of increasing the capacity both at its Nasik facility and the supplier end. This will company meet the demand and reduce the waiting period for the customers.
The company started deliveries of the all-new Thar very recently in the country. The #1 Thar which was auctioned for charity was delivered to the winning bidder, Mr Aakash Minda — here are all details.
Mahindra has also announced that it will be conducting mega deliveries of over 500 all-new Thar SUVs during the weekend, across the country. The Mahindra Thar currently retails between Rs 9.80 lakh and Rs 13.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India). To know more about engine specs and variant-wise details — click here.
Commenting on the booking milestone, Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "We are overwhelmed with this unprecedented response that the All-New Thar has garnered. I must admit the response has surpassed all our expectations and production capacities. Hence the wait for the All-New Thar will be longer than expected. We sincerely appreciate our customers' patience and unwavering confidence in us."
Mr Nakra further added, "We had planned for a capacity of about 2,000 vehicles per month and are now getting ready to ramp it up to 3,000 by January. This would help us bring down the waiting period to a reasonable timeline."
The company has put in place a robust customer connect the process to reach out to every customer individually and communicate their likely/exact delivery dates, thereby assuring them of their delivery schedule at every step of the waiting period.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Bookings Crossing 20,000 Units Milestone Mark
The all-new Mahindra Thar has become a breakthrough model for the brand catering to both off-road enthusiast and also pulling in general buyers to the segment. However, customers who have booked the off-road SUV will have to wait sometime to take delivery due to the new increased waiting period.