- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra has launched the much-awaited all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. Prices for the updated Mahindra Thar starts from Rs 9.80 lakh. While the top-spec diesel automatic with hard-top costs Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The 2020 Thar is essentially offered in two main variants: AX series and LX series. The Thar AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone SUV with minimum electronic assistance. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day.
The AX series is available in three sub-trims: AX Standard, AX and AX(O). While the LX series is available as a single sub-trim option. However, Mahindra is offering the Thar is various roof-top configurations: fixed soft-top, convertible soft-top and for the first time a factory-fitted hard-top. These vary depending on the variant and engine option chosen by the customer.
Speaking of which, the 2020 Thar is offered in two engine and transmission options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Mahindra Thar AX Standard (Rs 9.80 lakh)
- Black Front Grille
- R16 Steel Wheels
- LED Taillamps
- Vinyl Seat Upholstery
- Central Locking
- Tailgate Mounted Spare Wheel
- Manual Day & Night IRVM
- Monochrome Digital Instrument Cluster
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Power Windows Front
- Removable Doors
- ABS with EBD
- Dual Airbags
The AX Standard trim is only offered in petrol engine paired to a six-speed manual transmission. The AX Standard trim features a fixed soft-top as standard and misses out on mechanical locking differentials as well. The Standard trim is offered with a six-seater configuration, which includes 2 side-facing seats at the rear.
(In addition to the AX Standard)
- Tubular Steel Side Foot Step
- Mechanical Locking Differentials
The AX trim comes equipped with only a couple of features over the base trim. However, it is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options paired to a manual gearbox. The roof-top remains a fixed soft-top unit on the AX trim. The AX trim is also offered with the same six-seater configuration.
(In addition to the AX)
- Tip & Slide Mechanism For Co-Driver Seat
- Reclining Mechanism
- Adjustable Headrests
- Rear Demister (Hard-Top)
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors
- Roll Cage
- Rear Passengers Seat Belts
- Remote Keyless Entry
The AX(O) trim is also offered in both petrol and diesel engine options mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. None of the AX trims is offered with the six-speed torque converter automatic. The AX(O) Trim is offered with convertible-top as standard with an optional hard-top on the diesel models. The AX(O) model are offered in a four-seater configuration with forward-facing seats at the back.
Mahindra Thar LX (Rs 12.49 lakh to Rs 13.65lakh)
- Deep Silver Finish Grille
- R18 Alloy Wheels
- Moulded Foot Step
- Dual-Tone Bumpers
- Fender-Mounted Radio Antenna
- Fabric Seat Upholstery
- Cruise Control
- Steering Mounted Audio Controls
- USB Charging Port
- Automatic Climate Control
- Seven-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System
- Coloured MID Instrument Cluster
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Brake Locking Differentials
- ESP With Roll-Over Mitigation
The LX variant comes packed with a host of features and the latest technology from the brand. The touchscreen infotainment provides real-time stats of pitch, roll, water-wading and more called the ‘Adventure Statistics'. It also features smartphone pairing technology and roof-mounted audio system. The interiors of the Thar are IP54 certified making it resistant to drizzle as well.
The LX variant is offered in both engine options along with both manual and automatic transmission choice as well. It is offered with four-seat configuration with a forward-facing rear seat as standard.
Roof-top options include hard-top on the LX petrol MT model as standard. Rest of the engine and transmission model receive convertible-top and hard-top as options.
The company has begun accepting booking for the 2020 Thar across India and deliveries will start from November 1, 2020. The off-road SUV is available in six various colour schemes: Rocky Beige, Aquamarine, Mystic Copper, Red Rage, Napoli Black, and Galaxy Grey.
Test drives of the all-new Thar will begin in a phase-wised manner. The first phase is already underway and the company has added 18 cities to the list. The second-phase includes 100 cities, which will start from October 10, 2020. The decision has been made due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Features & Variants
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has grabbed the attention of every motorist and general audience in India. The company has packed the features well and offers a host of options for its customers to choose as per their preference. The LX series will cater to buyers who are looking for a well-rounded SUV with convenient features, comfort while retaining its go-anywhere ability.