- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Education SSC GD Constable Result 2018: Check Final Result PDF, Merit List And Cut-off
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Kia Motors are said to be evaluating the Soul compact-SUV for the Indian market. The company has taken the decision to assess the Soul SUV for the Indian market after Kia received a lot of customer feedback during the 2020 Auto Expo.
Speaking to carandbike, Manohar Bhat, VP Head- Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India stated that after the company received an overwhelming response at the expo, they will assess the market and introduce the Soul or a similar vehicle in the country. Kia Motors aims to expand its brand presence rapidly by introducing new models in the Indian market.
Talking about the Kia Soul, the company is offering the compact-SUV with petrol and electric powertrains in the global market. However, Mr Bhat confirmed that the (EV) electric powertrain might not be a good option as the demand is less in the segment. On the other hand with rising demand for the SUVs in the Indian market, the petrol-powered models will fit right in.
The Kia Soul is offered with two engine options in the international markets: a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, naturally aspirated unit that produces 146bhp and 132Nm of torque, and comes mated to a either a six-speed manual or an IVT automatic transmission. The SUV is also offered with a top-spec 1.6-litre turbocharged engine that churns out 200bhp and 195Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission as standard.
On the other hand, the Kia Soul EV is offered in two variants in the international markets. It features a maximum claimed driving range of 452km for a single charge. The 170kW electric motor coupled to a 180kWh Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery produces a maximum power of 201bhp and 395Nm of torque.
The Soul features a modern and sleek looking design will tall-riding stance to make for a roomier cabin. It features sleek-looking LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. At the rear the C-shaped tail lamps have merged with a light bar running at top of the boot-lid, giving the crossover compact SUV a modern look. Most of the design features are shared between the Soul and the Soul EV with subtle changes made to the electric SUV.
Other features on the Soul includes a 10.25 touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's UVO connected technology, fully digital OLED display for the instrument console, wireless charging, ventilated seats, ambient lights, emergency braking, lane keep assist, wireless phone charger, a head-up display, and blind-spot monitoring system; among a host of other features.
The Soul EV was also awarded recently awarded the 2020 World Urban Car Of The Year, alongside its flagship SUV the Telluride taking the top-step for World Car Of The Year. The company has also confirmed that they will also be assessing the Indian market to bring the Telluride SUV as well.
In related news, Kia Motors is gearing up to launch their third-product in the Indian market, the Sonet. The company has also confirmed that the launch timeline has not been affected despite the nation-wide lockdown announced due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About That Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
Kia Motors has much enjoyed the success of both the Seltos and the Carnival MPV in the Indian market. With the third model just around the corner, the company is already evaluating the Indian market for its fourth product. The Soul features a fresh design, comes feature-packed and is offered with a host of powertrain options.