- 26 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Sports Clubs forced to rethink recruitment strategy as virus impacts transfer market
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Kia Sonet interiors have been spied ahead of its launch in India. The company is expected to launch the Kia Sonet compact-SUV in the India market by August 2020.
The images leaked on Autocar India Forum reveal that the compact-SUV will feature a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, and a 10.25-inch floating-type touchscreen system mounted at the centre of the dashboard.
The images also reveal the compact-SUV will feature a six-speed manual transmission, dual-tone seat fabric, and a centre armrest placed in the front. Apart from these, the Kia Sonet is also expected to borrow most features from its elder sibling in the company's line-up, the Seltos SUV. These include the company's latest UVO smart connected technology, leather upholstery, a sunroof and a fully digital instrument cluster.
The Kia Sonet measures under four meters in length and will be the smallest SUV made by the company. The compact-SUV features the company's signature tiger-nose grille with sleek looking headlamps and tail lamps. The Sonet also features chunky body claddings and bold crease lines giving it muscular looks.
Kia Motors is expected to offer a host of powertrain options on the upcoming Sonet. These include a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT.
The Kia Sonet concept was first showcased at the 2020 AutoExpo by the company and has created a huge buzz ever since. The Kia Sonet is being extensively tested in India, and completely camouflaged test-mules of the upcoming compact-SUV have been spied testing several times in the country — here are more details.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300, and the Ford EcoSport. The Sonet is expected to come feature-packed and offered with multiple variants to choose from.
In related news, the Kia Seltos still leads the mid-size SUV segment and has outsold the recently launched Hyundai Creta — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch
With the launch of the Kia Sonet, the brand is expected to strengthen its presence in the country. The Sonet is expected to be offered with a host of powertrain options to suit every needs of the buyer in the segment. The Sonet will primarily rival the Hyundai Venue which has a proven track record with sales numbers in the Indian market.