- 50 min ago Suzuki Katana Unveiled In Two New Paint Schemes: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Honda To Discontinue The Diesel Civic As The BS6 Norms Kick In
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 1.08 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes Benz India Sets Up Temporary Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In Pune
- Movies Sushmita Sen & Rohman Shawl Set Internet On Fire With Sensuous Workout Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Sports COVID-19 lockdown: India's lone woman Paralympic medalist to feed daily wagers
- Finance Women Jan Dhan Account Holders Can Withdraw Rs 500 From 3 April In Sequence
- News Lockdown violators should be booked under IPC: Centre
- Technology Redmi Band, The Brand’s First Wearable Could Be Launched On April 3
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Dresses Up In Gorgeous Patiala Suit And Jewellery To Celebrate Rama Navami At Home
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Kia Sonet compact-SUV India launch scheduled for August 2020. The company is expected to have a world premiere of the Sonet compact-SUV sometime in June following it up with the launch in August this year.
According to Autocar India, the Sonet compact-SUV will be launched in August 2020 to the Indian market. The Kia Sonet concept had its world premiere at the 2020 AutoExpo by the company and has created a huge buzz ever since.
Kia Motors have begun extensively testing the Sonet compact-SUV in India. A completely camouflaged test-mule of the Sonet compact-SUV has been spied testing several times in the country — here are more details.
Kia Sonet measures under four meters in length and will be the smallest SUV made by the company. The concept showcased at the 2020 AutoExpo featured the company's signature tiger-nose grille with sleek looking headlamps and tail lamps. The bold crease lines on the side add to the muscular looks of the compact-SUV.
On the inside, the Kia Sonet is expected to borrow most features from its elder siblings the Seltos and the Carnival MPV. These include the company's latest UVO connected technology, touchscreen infotainment system, leather upholstery, a sunroof and a fully digital instrument cluster; among others.
Kia Motors is expected to offer the Sonet compact-SUV with a host of powertrain options including three powertrain options: a 1.2-litre petrol engine , a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor, and a 1.5 diesel oil burner. The transmission options include manual and automatic options on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, the 1.0-litre turbo petrol is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. We expect the company to price the Sonet retailing around Rs 7 to 12 lakh (ex-showroom). However, the Sonet is expected to come feature-packed and offered with multiple variants to choose from.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet India Launch Confirmed For August 2020
Kia Sonet will further strengthen the brand's presence in the country. The Sonet will be placed in the highly competitive segment in the Indian market. However, like the traditional Kia fashion as seen in the past, we expect the company to offer loads of features and variants with the Sonet compact-SUV to suit every buyer in the segment. Whether the third product to Kia's line-up increases the brand's presence in India is yet to be seen.