- 1 hr ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motors India entered the Indian market last year with their first product, the Seltos. The South Korean brand later introduced its second product, the Carnival at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2020.
At the Expo, Kia Motors also unveiled a concept version of their upcoming compact-SUV model, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet compact-SUV is expected to be the brand's third model in the Indian market with a launch expected by the end of 2020.
Ahead of its expected launch in the Indian market, the production-spec Kia Sonet SUV has been spotted testing. DriveSpark's roving automotive paparazzi has spotted a heavily-camouflaged production-spec version of the Sonet, undergoing extensive testing on the streets of Bangalore.
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's first compact-SUV in the market, based on the Hyundai Venue. The Concept version of the SUV showcased at the Auto Expo 2020, gave us a first glimpse of the design language we expect on the upcoming model.
The Kia Sonet once launched in India will offer the same engine and transmission options as the Hyundai Venue. This includes two petrol engine options and one diesel unit; all of which will be updated to comply with the BS6 emission regulations.
The petrol engines include a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated unit producing 83bhp and a 1.0-litre turbocharged motor churning out 123bhp. The diesel engine will come in the form of a 1.5-litre diesel borrowed from its larger sibling, the Seltos.
However, power figures could be de-tuned for the Sonet. All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol receiving an optional automatic transmission unit as well.
Although, the spy pics don't reveal any design elements from the production-spec model. We do expect Kia Motors to load the Sonet with a host of premium features and equipment.
This includes LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, tiger-nose signature grille upfront, LED taillights at the rear, stylishly designed alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with UVO connectivity, leather-wrapped steering wheel and a bunch of other features.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Production-Spec Compact-SUV Spied Testing
The Kia Sonet once launched in India will be positioned in the compact-SUV segment. This will allow the company to price the Sonet in the range starting from Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom. Once introduced in the Indian market, the Kia Sonet will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300.