- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 12 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Ford has announced that their flagship model the Endeavour BS6 will continue to sell the SUV with its introductory pricing for the next three months. The company has taken the decision to delay the increase in pricing due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
According to Autocar India, the Ford Endeavour BS6 models were slated to receive a price increase of around Rs 70,000 during the month of May. However, the company has not increased its pricing in order to boost sales.
Like all other auto manufactures, Ford had also closed its dealerships during the nation-wide lockdown due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. As a result, the brand has also lost sales during the previous month.
The company aims to recover and help dealerships to boost sales by not increasing the pricing of its flagship SUV. The Ford Endeavour currently retails between Rs 29.55 lakh and Rs 33.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The same pricing for Endeavour will continue for the next three months.
Speaking about the Ford Endeavour BS6, the SUV has received minor changes to its exterior and interiors as compared to its BS4 models. The biggest changes on the BS6 model is under the bonnet as both 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre diesel engines that powered the BS4 models are now discontinued.
Replacing the older powertrain is a new BS6-compliant 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp and 420Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well. Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a panoramic sunroof, a Terrain Management System, hill hold assist, hill descent control and a host of other features.
Ford has also announced that 420 customer touchpoints, which includes 226 service centres and 194 showrooms across 192 cities have resumed operations. The brand has also introduced a new digital platform to help its customers via its new Dial-A-Ford helpline number during the ongoing pandemic.
In related news, the next-generation Ford Endeavour is expected to receive a complete design overhaul from the company. Also, the next-gen Endeavour is expected to feature a more powerful variant of the 2.0-litre diesel engine with twin-turbochargers — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour BS6 Price Hike Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Like most manufacturers, Ford also aims to recover from the zero sales during last month due to the lockdown. The company has made sure that it will retain the attractive price for a little longer and help dealerships to boost sales and customers to get a sweet deal on their flagship SUV.