- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Movies Karan Johar Turns 48: Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Ananya Panday And Others Share Birthday Wishes
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ford has announced that their flagship model the Endeavour BS6 will continue to sell the SUV with its introductory pricing for the next three months. The company has taken the decision to delay the increase in pricing due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
According to Autocar India, the Ford Endeavour BS6 models were slated to receive a price increase of around Rs 70,000 during the month of May. However, the company has not increased its pricing in order to boost sales.
Like all other auto manufactures, Ford had also closed its dealerships during the nation-wide lockdown due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. As a result, the brand has also lost sales during the previous month.
The company aims to recover and help dealerships to boost sales by not increasing the pricing of its flagship SUV. The Ford Endeavour currently retails between Rs 29.55 lakh and Rs 33.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The same pricing for Endeavour will continue for the next three months.
Speaking about the Ford Endeavour BS6, the SUV has received minor changes to its exterior and interiors as compared to its BS4 models. The biggest changes on the BS6 model is under the bonnet as both 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre diesel engines that powered the BS4 models are now discontinued.
Replacing the older powertrain is a new BS6-compliant 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp and 420Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well. Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a panoramic sunroof, a Terrain Management System, hill hold assist, hill descent control and a host of other features.
Ford has also announced that 420 customer touchpoints, which includes 226 service centres and 194 showrooms across 192 cities have resumed operations. The brand has also introduced a new digital platform to help its customers via its new Dial-A-Ford helpline number during the ongoing pandemic.
In related news, the next-generation Ford Endeavour is expected to receive a complete design overhaul from the company. Also, the next-gen Endeavour is expected to feature a more powerful variant of the 2.0-litre diesel engine with twin-turbochargers — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour BS6 Price Hike Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Like most manufacturers, Ford also aims to recover from the zero sales during last month due to the lockdown. The company has made sure that it will retain the attractive price for a little longer and help dealerships to boost sales and customers to get a sweet deal on their flagship SUV.