- 1 hr ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 1 hr ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- 2 hrs ago The Valley Run 2020 Schedule Announced: Time To Burn Some Rubber
- 2 hrs ago Best-Selling Bikes & Scooters In India For October 2020: Here Are The Top-Sellers Last Month!
- Technology New Oppo Smartphone Appears Online; Likely To Be A Mid-Range Offering
- News SC rejects sacked BSF Jawan’s plea challenging PM Modi’s election from Varanasi
- Movies Nayanthara Spends Quality Time With Kunchacko Boban’s Family On The Sets Of Nizhal; See Viral Pic
- Finance 3 Reasons The Nifty Hit A Record 13,000 Points
- Sports India tour of Australia: Michael Clarke says Japrit Bumrah needs to be aggressive to Aussie batsmen
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, a lot of businesses have either slowed down or shut down across the world. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The automobile industry has also taken a big hit and a lot of dealerships across our country are on the verge of shutting down permanently. To prevent this, automobile manufacturers are doing their best to keep the business alive.
Ford India has introduced the ‘Dial-A-Ford' initiative for convenience as the dealerships resume operations following the government's guidelines amidst COVID-19. This new initiative will allow customers to connect with a Ford team and after that, the customer can check for the booking, test drive, or even doorstep delivery of their new vehicle.
Ford India has is now emphasising on practices related to the sanitisation of Ford dealerships and service centers. All vehicles in the sales, as well as the service process, will be thoroughly disinfected at the time of delivery, pick-up, and drop-off. Also, all dealer employees and customers will have their temperature checked with infrared thermometers.
Ford is also offering a three-month extension in availing all scheduled service benefits which will also include free service, till 30 June. Customers with an expired warranty on their cars or set to expire between March 15 and May 30 will be offered a free-of-cost extension till June 30.
In other COVID-19 news, recently Hyundai Motor India Ltd. has come up with a list of comprehensive measures aimed at ensuring that the dealerships and workshops across the country are prepared to meet the highest levels of sanitation and hygiene.
According to the guidelines laid down by Hyundai dealerships across India will have to follow rules from the customers' arrival to departure. This will include display car and test drive car preparedness, customer lounge and washrooms sanitization, delivery process of the new and serviced cars, contactless demonstration and servicing. Thermal screening of employees and visitors has also been facilitated.
Thoughts About The Initiative Put Forward By Ford India Amidst COVID-19
Manufacturers are doing their best to safeguard their dealerships, workshops, and their customers. By setting guidelines and following rules business can be conducted in an orderly manner as the Government eases the lockdown amidst COVID-19.