- 35 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Sports Clubs forced to rethink recruitment strategy as virus impacts transfer market
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, a lot of businesses have either slowed down or shut down across the world. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. The automobile industry has also taken a big hit and a lot of dealerships across our country are on the verge of shutting down permanently. To prevent this, automobile manufacturers are doing their best to keep the business alive.
Ford India has introduced the ‘Dial-A-Ford' initiative for convenience as the dealerships resume operations following the government's guidelines amidst COVID-19. This new initiative will allow customers to connect with a Ford team and after that, the customer can check for the booking, test drive, or even doorstep delivery of their new vehicle.
Ford India has is now emphasising on practices related to the sanitisation of Ford dealerships and service centers. All vehicles in the sales, as well as the service process, will be thoroughly disinfected at the time of delivery, pick-up, and drop-off. Also, all dealer employees and customers will have their temperature checked with infrared thermometers.
Ford is also offering a three-month extension in availing all scheduled service benefits which will also include free service, till 30 June. Customers with an expired warranty on their cars or set to expire between March 15 and May 30 will be offered a free-of-cost extension till June 30.
In other COVID-19 news, recently Hyundai Motor India Ltd. has come up with a list of comprehensive measures aimed at ensuring that the dealerships and workshops across the country are prepared to meet the highest levels of sanitation and hygiene.
According to the guidelines laid down by Hyundai dealerships across India will have to follow rules from the customers' arrival to departure. This will include display car and test drive car preparedness, customer lounge and washrooms sanitization, delivery process of the new and serviced cars, contactless demonstration and servicing. Thermal screening of employees and visitors has also been facilitated.
Thoughts About The Initiative Put Forward By Ford India Amidst COVID-19
Manufacturers are doing their best to safeguard their dealerships, workshops, and their customers. By setting guidelines and following rules business can be conducted in an orderly manner as the Government eases the lockdown amidst COVID-19.