- 2 hrs ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- News Upset over no electricity for 38 years, farmer gulps poison in front of minister
- Technology WD Black SN750 M.2 SSD Review: Made For Pro Gamers
- Lifestyle Sanya Malhotra's Latest Sari Is So Indie And That Colourful Blouse Has All Our Attention
- Sports Virat Kohli on his way to being hailed as greatest of all time: Ranveer Singh
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Fame Jagan's Married; Wedding Graced By Sandalwood Stars! Host Sudeep Is Missing
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Volkswagen has started road testing its upcoming BS-VI ready petrol engine in India. The new BS-VI ready engine will come in the form of a new 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit. The new engine will be introduced in the Volkswagen India product lineup, closer to the emission regulations April 2020 deadline.
According to Autocar India, the new Volkswagen BS-VI engine will replace the current crop of 1.6-litre MPI engine seen on the Rapid and Vento. It will also replace the 1.2-litre TSI engine seen on the Polo GT TSI and Vento TSI.
Volkswagen will soon start assembling the new 1.0-litre TSI engine in India. This will be part of their upcoming 'India 2.0' strategy. The new engine will further be available in two states-of-tune: 94bhp and 115bhp.
The new BS-VI engines will come with the codename EA211. These series of engines will get a cast-aluminium block and cylinder-head with an integrated exhaust manifold. Since the connecting rods and cylinder heads are made of aluminium, they are much more compact and lighter than conventional engines. This makes them more efficient as they generate less friction as well, compared to other naturally-aspirated engines.
Volkswagen is currently working on introducing a brand-new SUV in the Indian market. The new Volkswagen SUV will be based on the Vision X Concept and will also be part of the brand-new platform, the MQB A0 IN. The new SUV will be introduced sometime in 2020 or early 2021.
Volkswagen recently introduced a special 'Black & White' edition models of their popular offerings, the Polo, Ameo and the Vento. All three models come with a number of cosmetic upgrades, while prices for all models remain unchanged. Apart from the cosmetic upgrades, all three models remains otherwise unchanged.
Cosmetic upgrades on the Volkswagen Polo, Ameo and Vento 'Black & White' edition include new decals, black-out bits on the exteriors and a new paint scheme as well, called 'Deep Blue' for the Polo and Vento — read more about it here.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen BS-VI Engine Testing
Volkswagen has started road testing their upcoming BS-VI ready petrol engines for the Indian market. The new engines will be introduced in India closer to the April 2020 deadline. Apart from the new engine, Volkswagen also has plans of introducing new products in the market, including two SUVs and one sedan for India.