- 56 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 57 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 1 hr ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 3 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- News Retained it because it was lucky: Kumaraswamy on why he stayed on at Taj West End
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The Toyota Glanza is available with a price starting at Rs 7.21 lakh and is offered in two variants. Sales of the Glanza started immediately upon launch of the product and since then, the hatchback has managed to get off to a good start.
The Toyota Glanza has managed to record sales of 2,142 units in the market since launch. This has put the Glanza at the second highest selling product from Toyota, following the Innova Crysta. However, this is just an initial hype from the launch which took place recently, with the true test lying ahead.
The Glanza hatchback in the Indian market is part of the agreement between Suzuki and Toyota India. It is the first of many products to be shared between the two Japanese brands in the Indian market.
The Glanza remains almost unchanged from the Suzuki Baleno, apart from the badging and the updated front grille. Even on the inside, the Toyota Glanza retains the same cabin as the Baleno including the SmartPlay infotainment system.
Toyota has also carried forward the same engines from the Baleno as well. This includes a single 1.2-litre BS-VI compliant petrol unit in two states-of-tune; an 88.4bhp and 81.7bhp option. The engine further comes with a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional CVT transmission as well.
Toyota has offered the Glanza with a host of features and equipment. Including several additional features on top of the ones available on the Baleno. This, Toyota hopes will help attract more customers towards their iteration of the hatchback in the Indian market.
Some of the standard features available on the Toyota Glanza include automatic climate control, electronically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, smart entry with engine start/stop, electro-chromic lining on the IRVM, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and reverse parking camera; to name a few.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Sales
The Toyota Glanza has gotten off to a good start in the Indian market, with over 2,000 units sold already. However, it will be interesting to see how Toyota keeps this momentum going in the coming months. The Toyota Glanza will rival the Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo in the Indian market.