- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 24 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Pak summons Indian envoy after Army strikes terror camps in PoK
- Sports Vijay Hazare Quarters: Rahul 90 powers Karnataka to semis, Shikhar flops as Delhi bow out
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The Toyota Glanza is available with a price starting at Rs 7.21 lakh and is offered in two variants. Sales of the Glanza started immediately upon launch of the product and since then, the hatchback has managed to get off to a good start.
The Toyota Glanza has managed to record sales of 2,142 units in the market since launch. This has put the Glanza at the second highest selling product from Toyota, following the Innova Crysta. However, this is just an initial hype from the launch which took place recently, with the true test lying ahead.
The Glanza hatchback in the Indian market is part of the agreement between Suzuki and Toyota India. It is the first of many products to be shared between the two Japanese brands in the Indian market.
The Glanza remains almost unchanged from the Suzuki Baleno, apart from the badging and the updated front grille. Even on the inside, the Toyota Glanza retains the same cabin as the Baleno including the SmartPlay infotainment system.
Toyota has also carried forward the same engines from the Baleno as well. This includes a single 1.2-litre BS-VI compliant petrol unit in two states-of-tune; an 88.4bhp and 81.7bhp option. The engine further comes with a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional CVT transmission as well.
Toyota has offered the Glanza with a host of features and equipment. Including several additional features on top of the ones available on the Baleno. This, Toyota hopes will help attract more customers towards their iteration of the hatchback in the Indian market.
Some of the standard features available on the Toyota Glanza include automatic climate control, electronically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, smart entry with engine start/stop, electro-chromic lining on the IRVM, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and reverse parking camera; to name a few.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Sales
The Toyota Glanza has gotten off to a good start in the Indian market, with over 2,000 units sold already. However, it will be interesting to see how Toyota keeps this momentum going in the coming months. The Toyota Glanza will rival the Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo in the Indian market.