- 3 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 6 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 8 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Movies Kaanekkane: The Multi-Starrer Project To Start Rolling Soon?
- Finance Abu Dhabi's Mubadala To Invest Rs 6,247.5 Crore In Reliance Retail
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
The Toyota Glanza has been launched in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 7.21 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Toyota Glanza is being offered in four variants with prices starting at Rs 7.21 lakh for the G MT variant and going up to Rs 8.90 lakh for the V CVT variant.
Toyota Glanza Price In India
|V CVT ||Rs 8,90,200 |
|G CVT ||Rs 8,29,900 |
|V MT ||Rs 7,58,200 |
|G MT ||Rs 7,21,900 |
The Toyota Glanza is Toyota's badge-engineered version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno but is being positioned as a more premium alternative. It certainly is more premium with the kind of features being offered with the car.
The hatchback is available only with a petrol engine and choices between a manual gearbox and a CVT gearbox. The Toyota Glanza looks very similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno it is based on.
The few aesthetic changes it features include a new front grille that has been styled in the Toyota family's contemporary design language and it gets an extra dose of chrome. Up front is a redesigned bumper and air dam with new fog lamp mounts.
The Toyota Glanza also comes with new headlamps that feature LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs that are a first-in-segment feature. When viewed from the side profile, one's attention is immediately drawn to the new diamond-cut alloy wheels. At the rear are LED tail-lamps with the light guide feature. A chrome lip under the rear windscreen rounds off the features on the exteriors of the Toyota Glanza.
Toyota has also equipped the insides of the Glanza with some premium features. It features a playcast touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The system also comes with smartphone-based navigation. It also comes with steering-mounted controls for audio and for phone calls. The system is also voice-command enabled.
Adding to these features are automatic air-conditioning, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, smart entry with engine start/stop button. Toyota has also made sure to take care of all your safety needs.
The Toyota Glanza features dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Electrochromic inner rear view mirror, reverse parking camera with display on infotainment screen and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
The Toyota Glanza is available with just one engine option — a 1.2-litre K-series, 4-cylinder engine. However, this is available in two states of tune. In the G variant with manual transmission, it produces 88.4bhp.
While in the V variant with manual transmission and G and V variants with the CVT transmission, it produces 81.7bhp. The manual gearbox is a 5-speed unit and the CVT gearbox is also a 5-step unit.
The K-Series engine in the Toyota Glanza is BS-VI compliant. Toyota claims to have improved the low-end torque on the engine, promising better driveability. The Toyota Glanza is equipped with an advanced lithium-ion battery with Integrated Starter Generator (ISG). It enables efficient functioning of the idle start/stop function and the brake energy regeneration function (Only in the G variant with manual transmission).
N Raja, the Deputy Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, "We are happy to announce our entry into the premium hatchback segment to cater to the growing demands of our existing and prospective customers. We are confident that the Glanza, backed by Toyota's unique sales and service efficiency will create a new benchmark in the industry in customer delight."
Bookings for the Toyota Glanza have officially started today and deliveries will commence within the week.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza Launched In India
Toyota is positioning the Glanza at a premium — a pretty high price. Yes, it is also being offered with several additional features. But, would these features be enough to tell it apart from the Maruti Suzuki Baleno? To the untrained eye, no!
For those who do not know about Toyota and Maruti Suzuki's deal, it will be a Maruti Suzuki Baleno with Toyota badges. It all comes down to how Toyota markets the Glanza in India.