- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 21 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Klopp: Liverpool need 'biggest balls' to take next step against Manchester United
- News Over 380 Ladakhi-origin police personnel to be transferred from J&K to Ladakh
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Top-Selling Cars in India for April 2019: The list for the top-selling cars in India for April 2019 is out. The sales chart for the month of April showcases the new Maruti Suzuki Alto back at the top of the list, after a significant drop in the previous month — here is the top-selling list for the month of March 2019.
|Rank||Model||April 2019 ||April 2018 ||Growth (%) |
|1||Maruti Suzuki Alto ||22,766 ||21,233 ||7 |
|2||Maruti Suzuki Dzire ||18,544 ||25,935 ||-28 |
|3||Maruti Suzuki Baleno ||17,355 ||20,412 ||-15 |
|4||Maruti Suzuki Swift ||15,776 ||22,776 ||-31 |
|5||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza ||11,785 ||10,818 ||9 |
|6||Maruti Suzuki Wagon R ||11,306 ||16,561 ||-32 |
|7||Hyundai Creta ||10,487 ||9,390 ||12 |
|8||Hyundai i20 Elite ||10,411 ||12,369 ||-16 |
|9||Maruti Suzuki Eeco ||10,254 ||7,475 ||37 |
|10||Hyundai i10 Grand ||9,610 ||12,174 ||-21 |
- Maruti Suzuki launched the new Alto in the Indian market with an updated BS-VI compliant engine. Along with the engine update, Maruti Suzuki has also brought in a few cosmetic changes as well. This has helped the entry-level hatchback bounce back from the loss of sales in March 2019.
- The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has slipped one position down, to make room for the Alto. Both the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Maruti Suzuki Baleno continue to be in the top-three slots bringing in volume sales in their respective segments.
- The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R which occupied the fourth-slot has slipped two positions. This has allowed the Swift and Vitara Brezza move up a position. The Wagon R on the other hand has dropped in sales from 16,152 units in March to 11,306 units in April 2019.
- With the top-six slots occupied by Maruti Suzuki, the Hyundai Creta comes in at seventh position. The Creta SUV has come up in the table, although sales has declined by a slight margin.
- Bringing in the bottom three in the table are the Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Suzuki Eeco and the Hyundai Grand i10. The Hyundai Elite i20 has recorded 10,411 units of sales in April 2019, against 12,172 units in the previous month.
- Sales of the Maruti Suzuki Eeco has risen slightly by around 1000 units between March and April 2019, mainly due to the new update it received recently.
- The Hyundai Grand i10 is the latest addition to the top-10, replacing the Maruti Suzuki Celerio in the list. The Grand i10 recorded 9,610 units to take up the last-slot in the top-10 list.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For The Month Of April 2019
Maruti Suzuki updated their best-selling offering in the market recently. This has proved successful as the Alto regains the crown as the top-selling car in the country for the month of April 2019. Hyundai is slowly gaining pace in terms of sales. With the launch of the Venue expected to take place in the coming weeks, it will be interesting to see how the top-10 list changes in the coming months.