- 13 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 15 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 16 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 16 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Top-Selling Cars in India for April 2019: The list for the top-selling cars in India for April 2019 is out. The sales chart for the month of April showcases the new Maruti Suzuki Alto back at the top of the list, after a significant drop in the previous month — here is the top-selling list for the month of March 2019.
|Rank||Model||April 2019 ||April 2018 ||Growth (%) |
|1||Maruti Suzuki Alto ||22,766 ||21,233 ||7 |
|2||Maruti Suzuki Dzire ||18,544 ||25,935 ||-28 |
|3||Maruti Suzuki Baleno ||17,355 ||20,412 ||-15 |
|4||Maruti Suzuki Swift ||15,776 ||22,776 ||-31 |
|5||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza ||11,785 ||10,818 ||9 |
|6||Maruti Suzuki Wagon R ||11,306 ||16,561 ||-32 |
|7||Hyundai Creta ||10,487 ||9,390 ||12 |
|8||Hyundai i20 Elite ||10,411 ||12,369 ||-16 |
|9||Maruti Suzuki Eeco ||10,254 ||7,475 ||37 |
|10||Hyundai i10 Grand ||9,610 ||12,174 ||-21 |
- Maruti Suzuki launched the new Alto in the Indian market with an updated BS-VI compliant engine. Along with the engine update, Maruti Suzuki has also brought in a few cosmetic changes as well. This has helped the entry-level hatchback bounce back from the loss of sales in March 2019.
- The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has slipped one position down, to make room for the Alto. Both the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Maruti Suzuki Baleno continue to be in the top-three slots bringing in volume sales in their respective segments.
- The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R which occupied the fourth-slot has slipped two positions. This has allowed the Swift and Vitara Brezza move up a position. The Wagon R on the other hand has dropped in sales from 16,152 units in March to 11,306 units in April 2019.
- With the top-six slots occupied by Maruti Suzuki, the Hyundai Creta comes in at seventh position. The Creta SUV has come up in the table, although sales has declined by a slight margin.
- Bringing in the bottom three in the table are the Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Suzuki Eeco and the Hyundai Grand i10. The Hyundai Elite i20 has recorded 10,411 units of sales in April 2019, against 12,172 units in the previous month.
- Sales of the Maruti Suzuki Eeco has risen slightly by around 1000 units between March and April 2019, mainly due to the new update it received recently.
- The Hyundai Grand i10 is the latest addition to the top-10, replacing the Maruti Suzuki Celerio in the list. The Grand i10 recorded 9,610 units to take up the last-slot in the top-10 list.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For The Month Of April 2019
Maruti Suzuki updated their best-selling offering in the market recently. This has proved successful as the Alto regains the crown as the top-selling car in the country for the month of April 2019. Hyundai is slowly gaining pace in terms of sales. With the launch of the Venue expected to take place in the coming weeks, it will be interesting to see how the top-10 list changes in the coming months.