- 2 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 3 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 56 min ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Movies Made In Heaven's Sobhita Dhulipala's Reaction On Being Part Of Bigg Boss 3 Telugu Will SHOCK You!
- Lifestyle Streax Professional Retro Remix Launch: Recreate Sonakshi's Shimmery Retro Look
- Sports Akram hopes Pakistan will repeat the '92 heroics in ICC World Cup 2019
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Top Selling Cars for March 2019: The top selling cars report for the month of March 2019 is out. The surprise element is the sales of the Maruti Alto, which has gone down by two positions in the previous month. According to the table we can see that the Maruti Dzire compact sedan has taken the top-slot in March 2019, followed by the Baleno hatchback. Also check out the how each brand performed in the Indian market, during the month of March 2019 — click here for the car sales report.
|1 ||Maruti Suzuki Dzire||19,935 |
|2 ||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||17,264 |
|3 ||Maruti Suzuki Alto||16,826 |
|4 ||Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R||16,152 |
|5 ||Maruti Suzuki Swift||14,218 |
|6 ||Maruti Suzuki Brezza||14,181 |
|7 ||Hyundai i20 Elite||12,172 |
|8 ||Maruti Suzuki Celerio||11,807 |
|9 ||Hyundai Creta||11,448 |
|10 ||Maruti Suzuki Eeco||9,893|
- As seen from the table, the sales of the Maruti Alto has gone down in the month of March 2019. The entry-level hatchback which has been on the top of the best selling car list consecutively every month, recorded just 16,826 units in March. This is a drop from 24,751 units in February 2019.
- The Maruti Dzire compact sedan which was positioned second in February 2019, has taken the top-slot with 19,935 units of sales.
- The Maruti Baleno came in second with 17,264 units of sales. Sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships, the Baleno accounts for over 65 percent of Nexa's total sales volume.
- The new Maruti Wagon R is slowly picking up the pace, with sales crossing 16,000 units in March 2019. The tall boy design of the new Wagon R mixed with all the new features is further attracting customers to the already popular hatchback.
- The top-five slots has been locked by Maruti Suzuki. The Swift takes fifth position as it records over 14,000 units of sales. The hatchback now in its third generation was launched back in 2018 during the Auto Expo.
- Apart from the Maruti Suzuki models, Hyundai has also managed to crack the top-ten with the Elite i20 and the Creta. While the Hyundai i20 Elite occupies the seventh position with 12,127 units of sales, the Hyundai Creta SUV comes in at ninth position recording 11,448 units in March 2019.
- The Hyundai Creta topped the chart in the >4 metre SUV segment, beating its competition rivals; Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars For The Month Of March 2019
The Maruti Alto is finally showing its age. The entry-level hatchback which has been on the top of the list for quite a while now, has moved down the chart. However, this might also be due to the upcoming next-generation Alto, expected to enter the Indian market by July-2019. It will be interesting to see how the cars would be placed over the next few months, ahead of the new Maruti Alto's launch.