- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 12 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 13 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors has released a teaser, showcasing the official name for the production-spec 45X premium hatchback. As seen from the teaser, the name of the production-spec 45X hatchback will be six letters long; starting from 'A'. Tata Motors also announced that the name of the 45X would be officially revealed on the 25th February 2019.
That the production-spec Tata 45X name could be called 'Altroz'. The word as explained by Tata Motors refers to a seabird, which can soar over miles with minimal effort. The name is in line with Tata Motor's other products whose names are also inspired by birds.
Agile and Efficient with thrilling performance is coming to redefine Urban Cars.— Tata Motors (@TataMotors) February 23, 2019
Stay tuned for its big name reveal on 25th February at 3:00 PM. #UrbanCarRedefined #TataMotorsAtGIMS #GIMS2019 #ConnectingAspirations pic.twitter.com/urlBT5AquV
The production-spec Tata 45X premium hatchback is set to make its world debut at the upcoming 2019 Geneva Motor show in March. Once showcased at the show, the hatchback will be introduced in the Indian market by August this year.
The Tata 45X hatchback will be the first premium hatchback offering from the Indian carmaker. The production-spec 45X will also be the second product in the lineup to use the 'Impact 2.0' design language; first being the Tata Harrier SUV.
The Tata 45X will come packed with features and equipment. Some of the features expected on the premium hatchback include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, large touchscreen infotainment system supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, steering-mounted audio controls, push-button start/stop, semi-digital instrument cluster, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking camera/sensors, seatbelt reminders and high-speed alert system; among others.
In terms of mechanicals, the production-spec 45X hatchback will carry forward the same engine from the Nexon SUV. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 110bhp and 170Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre diesel unit churning out 110bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines will further be mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Tata Motors might also offer an AMT unit for the hatchback as well.
Tata Motors recently released a new teaser video of the 45X, ahead of its global debut. The teaser video showcased the 45X concept running around the streets of the city. Apart from this, Tata also announced that they are working on an all-electric version of the 45X hatchback.
The Tata 45X EV concept will be showcased along with the premium hatchback at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show. Apart from this, Tata will also bring in four other models to showcase at the event.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X Production-Spec Name
Tata is all set to bring in its first premium hatchback offering to the Indian market. The Tata 45X once launched in India is said to be priced around the Rs 6.5 lakh range, ex-showroom. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Hyundai i20 Elite in the premium hatchback segment in the country.