- 13 hrs ago Hero Lectro Electric Bike Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Toyota Five-Continents Drive From India To Vietnam Flagged Off In Bangalore
- 15 hrs ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- Movies Vijay Teaming Up With Perarasu For Thalapathy 65; What Is The Truth?
- News Long shadows block clear view as NASA fails to spot silent Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Lander
- Technology Buying Guide: Realme Smartphones With 6GB RAM To Buy In India Right Now
- Lifestyle IIFA Awards 2019: Deepika Padukone’s Gown Is Fine Minus The Tulle Veil And Exaggerated Sleeves
- Sports Paire picks off Gasquet for Metz win as Kukushkin sails through in St Petersburg
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors has released a new teaser video for their upcoming premium hatchback, codenamed 45X. The production-spec Tata 45X is scheduled to have its world premiere at the upcoming 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The Tata 45X will be the first premium hatchback offering in the Indian market. Once showcased at the Geneva Motor Show, the car is expected to be launched in India, sometime in mid-2019.
The 45X hatchback will be the second product from Tata to receive the 'Impact 2.0' design language; first seen on the recently introduced Harrier SUV. It will also feature the Omega architecture, seen on the Harrier as well. The production-spec model has already been spotted testing in the country on multiple occasions.
The Tata 45X will offer an extremely premium and upmarket feel. It will come packed with features and equipment, which is expected to attract more customers towards the product. Some of the standard features on the upcoming 45X hatchback include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, night/day IRVM, semi-digital instrument cluster, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and rear parking sensors/ camera; among others.
The Tata 45X borrows the engine from the Nexon SUV. This includes 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 110bhp and 170Nm of torque while the diesel engine churns out 110bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. Tata might even offer the 45X with an optional AMT transmission as well.
Tata Motors is also said to be working on an all-electric 45X hatchback as well. The electric 45X concept will be showcased alongside the production-spec version of the standard premium hatchback at the upcoming event in March.
Tata has confirmed that the electric 45X hatchback will also make it into production, with a launch slated for sometime in 2020.
Thoughts On The Production-Spec Tata 45X Premium Hatchback
The production-spec Tata 45X will go on sale in the Indian market, sometime in June-2019. Once launched, the Tata 45X is expected to be priced in the range of around Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom. It will rival the likes of the Hyundai i20 Elite, Volkswagen Polo and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.