- 9 min ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 45 min ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 2 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- Technology Poco X3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Chipset Launched In India; Better Than Competition?
- News What is Banking Regulation Amendment Bill, 2020: What it means for banks and customers?
- Movies Khaali Peeli Trailer: Ishaan, Ananya Are On The Run From Cops And A 'Menacing' Jaideep Ahlawat
- Sports Devdutt Padikkal story: 'You are in the playing XI' When Virat Kohli left young RCB batsman nervous
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Renault Triber has surpassed the Renault Kwid in terms of sales. The compact MPV has become the bestliing car from Renault in India after it outsold the Renault Kwid. According to reports, 2,490 units of the Triber were dispatched to dealerships as opposed to 2,090 units of the Kwid.
The Renault Triber was launched on 28 August, 2019 and soon became successful thanks to the number of features and the utility it was offering at a low price point. Soon, the Renault Triber became the best-seller not just among the budget MPVs on sale in India but it also took the title of the best-selling Renault.
Renault in India hasn't been doing too well in terms of sales. The French car manufacturer debuted in India way back in 2011 with the launch of the Fluence. The sedan didn't sell very well and Renault faced losses until 2012 when the Renault Duster was launched.
Well, sales soon skyrocketed and Renault had cemented its place among the top car manufacturers in India. The renault Duster single-handedly created the compact SUV segment in India and kept it going for a while. However, the Duster's sales slowed-down over the years.
Renault then launched the Kwid in 2015 and the hatchback was loved by almost everyone. The Kwid took the title of the best-selling Renault and had the title right upto August 2019 when the Renault Triber was launched. The Renault Kwid posted its lowest sales figure yet in August 2019. This could be due to multiple reasons.
First and foremost is the slowdown in the automotive industry. All automotive manufacturers are facing low sales numbers and therefore low turnover too. Some brands even resorted to shutting down of its manufacturing plant, thanks to poor demand. Renault too has been facing poor demand and the result is seen in the sales of the Kwid.
Secondly, the Renault Kwid is now considered old. It was launched three years ago and has had only minor updates to the number of features it comes with. However, Renault has been working on a facelift and the facelifted model is expected to be launched in a few weeks' time.
Thirdly, the Renault Triber could have eaten into the sales of the Renualt Kwid. The Renault Triber is priced between Rs 4.95 lakh and Rs 6.49 lakh. The Renault Kwid on the other hand is priced between Rs 2.76 lakh and Rs 4.76 lakh.
Though there is a huge price difference between the two cars, the Renault Triber makes up the difference with the equipment and features on offer. The Renault Triber is based on the same CMF-A platform as the Renault Kwid. However, it is larger and has seating for seven while still being under 4-metres in size.
The design of the Renault Triber feels upmarket and premium even when compared to MPVs in the next segment. Up front are wraparound projector headlamps, a large grille with chrome inserts, LED DRLs in the bumper and a silver finish scuff plate at the bottom.
It comes with flared arches, black cladding and 15-inch alloy wheels. The rear too features simplistic design with wraparound tail lamps, silver finish scuff plates and Triber and Renault badging.
The interiors of the Renault Triber too feel premium and neat, with dual-tone dashboard layout. It features an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Instrumentation duties are handled by an LED unit and the car even has AC vents for the second and third row.
The Renault Triber offers flexible seating options and can seat 2, 4, 5, 6 or 7 people. The seats in the second and third row can be folded individually and can even be removed completely.
The renault Triber is powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 70bhp and a peak torque output of 96Nm. The car is currently available with a 5-speed manual gearbox. AMT variants of the Renault Triber will be launched in 2020.
Thoughts On Renault Triber Selling More Than Renault Kwid
The Renault Triber has become a success story for the French car manufacturer in India within a few days since its launch. Renault will be looking to increase sales further and will launch updates to the car in order to do that. However, it remains to be seen if the Renault Triber will continue selling well even after the facelifted Renault Kwid is launched in a few weeks' time.