- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V BS-VI First Ride Review: Cleaner, Greener & Still A Thriller
- 2 days ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Prithvi Shaw slams 200 as Mumbai in total command against Baroda
- Lifestyle What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The Renault Kwid electric has been spied testing in India. The Kwid electric hatchback is based on the City K-ZE unveiled globally a few months back. The electric version of the Renault Kwid is expected to be introduced in the Indian market soon.
Ahead of its possible launch in the country, the Renault Kwid electric has been spied on video. The spy video showcases the electric Kwid completely camouflaged and undergoing testing on the Indian streets.
The production-spec version called the City K-ZE will first go on sale in the Chinese market sometime later this year. Renault is expected to bring the electric hatchback to the Indian market as well at a later stage. The new Renault Kwid electric has the same underpinnings as the current hatchback, this is in the form of the CMF-A platform.
Visually, the new electric hatchback offers a similar stance as the Kwid. However, the electric version does offer a number of updates and new design elements compared to the Kwid. This comes in the form of new sleek LED headlamps, new headlamps mounted on the bumpers and a newly designed front grille.
Inside, the new Renault Kwid electric will come with a bunch of new features and updates as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, satellite navigation, internet connectivity and voice control; among others. It also features a large 300-litre boot capacity, along with rear parking camera, tyre pressure monitoring system and an air quality control system as well.
The Kwid electric will be Renault's first ever all-electric model. Renault is yet to announce the specifications of the battery used to power the upcoming electric hatchback. However, Renault does claim that the Kwid electric will offer a range of around 250km on a single charge. The Renault Kwid electric will also come with a fast-charger capable of charging up to 80 per cent in under 50 minutes.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric
The Renault Kwid electric will be the first-ever electric model from the brand. Renault currently unveiled the Triber MPV and are now planning to introduce a sub-4 metre SUV in the market as well. The Kwid electric is also one of the models being planned for the Indian market. The Renault Kwid electric if launched in India will rival the likes of the maruti Wagon R electric and the Tata Tiago EV.