- 4 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 43 min ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Live Updates: Price, Specifications, Features & Other Details
- 57 min ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies How Hrithik Roshan Helped Sameera Reddy To Overcome Stammering?
- News 100 not out: Meet Rohith, who helps the young chase their dreams for the sheer joy of it
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Technology Realme 5 Pro Vs Redmi Note 7 Pro – Which Mid-Range Phone Wins The Race?
- Finance TCS Surpasses RIL In Market Cap To Reclaim Most Valued Indian Firm Tag
- Lifestyle Har Chhath 2019: Date, Time, And Significance of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Declared, Check Cut-off Score
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Renault Kwid electric has been spied testing in India. The Kwid electric hatchback is based on the City K-ZE unveiled globally a few months back. The electric version of the Renault Kwid is expected to be introduced in the Indian market soon.
Ahead of its possible launch in the country, the Renault Kwid electric has been spied on video. The spy video showcases the electric Kwid completely camouflaged and undergoing testing on the Indian streets.
The production-spec version called the City K-ZE will first go on sale in the Chinese market sometime later this year. Renault is expected to bring the electric hatchback to the Indian market as well at a later stage. The new Renault Kwid electric has the same underpinnings as the current hatchback, this is in the form of the CMF-A platform.
Visually, the new electric hatchback offers a similar stance as the Kwid. However, the electric version does offer a number of updates and new design elements compared to the Kwid. This comes in the form of new sleek LED headlamps, new headlamps mounted on the bumpers and a newly designed front grille.
Inside, the new Renault Kwid electric will come with a bunch of new features and updates as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, satellite navigation, internet connectivity and voice control; among others. It also features a large 300-litre boot capacity, along with rear parking camera, tyre pressure monitoring system and an air quality control system as well.
The Kwid electric will be Renault's first ever all-electric model. Renault is yet to announce the specifications of the battery used to power the upcoming electric hatchback. However, Renault does claim that the Kwid electric will offer a range of around 250km on a single charge. The Renault Kwid electric will also come with a fast-charger capable of charging up to 80 per cent in under 50 minutes.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric
The Renault Kwid electric will be the first-ever electric model from the brand. Renault currently unveiled the Triber MPV and are now planning to introduce a sub-4 metre SUV in the market as well. The Kwid electric is also one of the models being planned for the Indian market. The Renault Kwid electric if launched in India will rival the likes of the maruti Wagon R electric and the Tata Tiago EV.