- 7 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 8 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 25 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Kamal Haasan Has Not Paid Vikram His Salary For Kadaram Kondan?
- News Section 144 imposed in Bengaluru, liquor shops to remain closed till July 25
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 7: UP Yoddha Vs Bengal Warriors: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Renault recently had the global premiere of their all-new compact-MPV in the country, the Triber. The new Renault Triber is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime later this year. During the global unveil of the Triber MPV, the senior team of Renault India also stated that the company plans to bring in a number of other products to the Indian market as well.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only
Now, in an interview with ET Auto, Fabrice Cambolive, Senior VP & Chairman AMI-Pacific, Groupe Renault confirmed that the brand is planning on bringing in a brand new sub-4 metre compact SUV to the Indian market.
Cambolive told ET Auto, that the brand is working on bringing both a sub-4 metre SUV while also working on EV technologies for the Indian market. Although, he did not reveal any specific details of the new sub-4 metre SUV, we can expect it to be based on the popular Kwid offering, similar to the Triber.
The Renault Triber MPV is the latest product from the brand for the Indian market. The Triber MPV is based on the same platform as the Kwid hatchback, this is the CMF-A platform. The new Renault SUV will be based on a different version of the same platform, called the CMF-A+.
The new Renault compact-SUV will come with a new design, completely different from that seen either on the Kwid or the Triber. It might however, carry forward the same engine options as the Triber, which comes in the form of a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine.
The engine on the Renault Triber produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed Easy-R AMT automatic.
The new compact-SUV offering however, is currently in its very early stages and a launch is expected sometime next year. Renault currently is busy introducing the Renault Triber in the Indian market.
The French company has fallen drastically in terms of sales and market share in India. The Kwid is the only product which is currently bringing in consistent sales to the brand. Renault hopes that the Triber will give the brand, the much needed push in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Renault SUV For India
Renault is planning an aggressive sales strategy for the Indian market. The brand recently showcased the Triber MPV for the Indian market and are now said to be working on their next model as well. Once the new Renault compact-SUV is introduced in India, it will rival the likes of the upcoming Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift and the recently launched Hyundai Venue.