- 47 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Ambrane Launches WH-83 Wireless Headphones For Rs. 1,199 In India
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The new Renault Kwid (2019 model) was launched India at the very beginning of February at a starting price of Rs 2.66 lakh. The prices go up to Rs 4.60 lakh for the top-spec Climber AMT variant. A total of eight Renault Kwid variants are available. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Compared to the previous model, the Renault Kwid 2019 mostly comes with additional features. The bump on the equipment list is showcased in the latest TVC video of the new Renault Kwid, along with its high ground clearance.
The Renault Kwid is quite a capable hatchback for its class and price. It can handle rough terrains decently well. It is still nowhere close to being a proper off-roader, but the TVC proves that it is a rugged vehicle.
As mentioned before, the 2019 Renault Kwid comes with a host of features, including ABS, driver-side airbag, speed-sensing door lock, parking sensors and overspeed warning that come as part of the standard package. On the other hand, the top trims get a 4.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system which supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The addition of the new safety features is mainly due to the updated government norms. Meanwhile, the 2018 MY (Model Year) Renault Kwid is currently available with some attractive discount offers and exchange bonuses — check out the full list of car discounts for this month.
The Renault Kwid comes only in a petrol format, but with two engine choices: 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre. The 799cc engine makes 53bhp and 72Nm of torque. The bigger 1.0-litre unit produces 67bhp and 91Nm. Both engines comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard while the 1.0-litre variant can be opted with an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) as well.
The 2019 Renault Kwid mainly rivals the Maruti Suzuki Alto (both 800 and K10 variants), Datsun redi-GO and the new 1.0-litre Maruti Suzuki WagonR. The bulky design and SUV-like stance of the Kwid might not be the best in terms of aesthetics, but has certainly impressed the Indian majority.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kwid (2019)
The Renault Kwid is the best-selling product from the French automaker in India. It is priced competitively and has enough features to attract buyers. Thanks to the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) norms that will come into effect by October 2019, the Renault Kwid is now safer as well.