- 10 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 11 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 12 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 13 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 1: Career Best Opening For Ram Pothineni!
- News Karnataka crisis: BJP lawmakers dine, sleep inside Vidhana Soudha to protest bias
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the new Wagon R at a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Wagon R has been on the Indian market for almost 20 years and has gone through a fair amount of updates and upgrades over the years.
The latest-generation Maruti Wagon R brings a lot of improvements compared to the previous model, in terms of both design and equipment. You can check out the top features of the new Wagon R, to find out what all have changed and what haven't.
That being said, here are some top things to know about the new Maruti Wagon R!
Power And Torque
The 2019 Maruti Wagon R comes in only a petrol format, but with two engine choices: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre. The base 1.0-litre engine makes 67bhp and 90Nm of torque while the higher 1.2-litre unit makes 90bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engines come mated to a five-speed manual as standard, along with AGS AMT options on select variants.
Top Speed And Acceleration
Though Maruti Suzuki has shared nothing regarding the new Wagon R's performance numbers, many owners of the previous-generation Wagon R (with the 1.0-litre engine) have claimed a top speed of around 150-155km/h. 0-100km/h acceleration figures were shared as just under 15 seconds.
For the 1.2-litre Wagon R, the top speed could touch 170km/h while being able to sprint from zero to 100km/h in around 10 seconds. Do keep in mind that the 2019 Wagon R is lighter than the previous models, thanks to the HEARTECT platform.
Mileage And Fuel Tank
As mentioned before, the new Wagon R comes in two engine formats. Below are the claimed mileage figures of each:
- 1.0-litre (manual/AGS): 22.5km/l
- 1.2-litre (manual/AGS): 21.5km/l
However, these figures could go down by a considerable margin in varied driving conditions.
The new Maruti Wagon R has a fuel tank capacity of 32 litres.
Wheelbase, Overall Dimensions And Ground Clearance
Maruti Suzuki regards their latest hatchback as the ‘Big New Wagon R'; justifying the growth in size compared to its predecessor. For the same reason, the dimensions have vastly improved. The figures are as follows:
- Length: 3655mm
- Width: 1620mm
- Height: 1675mm
The wheelbase is now 2435mm while the ground clearance is close to 170mm.
Boot Space And Tyre Size
The 2019 Maruti Wagon comes with a decent boot space of 341 litres and an added convenience of a split-folding (60:40) rear bench.
At 165/70 R14, the wheel size of the new Wagon R isn't that big. For the base-spec 1.0-litre LXi trim, the wheels are even smaller at 155/80 R13.
The new Maruti Wagon R comes with six colour choices: Superior White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
The Maruti Wagon R has always been a brilliant choice for urban environments, thanks to its compact dimensions and unique ‘tall-boy' design. The 2019 Wagon R has already become a success on the market and the company has received a good number of bookings. You can book yours for Rs 11,000.