- 2 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- News Rift in Delhi Cong wide open: PC Chacko curtails Sheila Dikshit’s powers
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
French carmaker Renault has launched the 2019 Kwid entry-level hatchback in India. Prices for the 2019 Renault Kwid start at Rs 2.66 lakh and go all the way up to Rs 4.60 lakh for the top-spec Climber AMT model.
2019 Renault Kwid Prices
|Standard 0.8L MT||Rs 2.66 Lakh|
|RXE 0.8L MT||Rs 3.10 Lakh|
|RXL 0.8L MT||Rs 3.36 Lakh|
|RXT (O) 0.8L MT||Rs 3.83 Lakh|
|RXT (O) 1.0L MT||Rs 4.05 Lakh|
|RXT (O) 1.0L AMT||Rs 4.35 Lakh|
|Climber 1.0L MT||Rs 4.30 Lakh|
|Climber 1.0L AMT||Rs 4.60 Lakh|
For 2019, Renault has given the Kwid hatchback a host of new safety features including anti-lock brakes, along with driver airbag, speed-sensing door lock, reverse parking sensors and over-speeding alert as standard. The top-spec variants of the Renault Kwid also get Android Auto and AppleCarPlay as standard connectivity options for the touchscreen infotainment setup. What makes the additions ever more of a bonus offering for customers is the fact that Renault has not upped the prices of the Kwid as a way to justify the additional features.
Powering the new 2019 Renault Kwid are the same set of 0.8 and 1.0-litre engines that are both paired with 5-speed gearboxes. The 1.0-litre Kwid is also offered with an AMT gearbox. The outputs from the engine offerings remain unchanged with 0.8-litre engine cranking out 53bhp and 72Nm of torque while returning a mileage of 25.17km/l. The 1.0-litre engine, on the other hand, kicks out 67bhp and 91Nm of torque and returns a mileage of 24.04km/l.
The new safety features are part of the mandatory changes ordered by the Government of India that will make Indian cars a more safer place for occupants on the go. The safety additions have been added to help the Kwid comply with new safety norms that go into effect later this year.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Launch of the 2019 Renault Kwid
Renault has updated its entry-level hatchback, the Kwid with features that make it a whole lot safer than before. The previous version of the Kwid had performed miserably at the Global and ASEAN NCAP safety tests garnering a zero rating in both safety checks. Hopefully, with its standard airbags and other safety features, the revised Kwid will prove to be a safer option for car buyers.