- 20 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is set to be working on introducing a completely new product in the Indian market. The Indian manufacturer is said to be planning on introducing the 'S-Presso' in the country. The new Maruti S-Presso is a micro-SUV based on the 'Future-S Concept', showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new Maruti S-Presso will be the smallest-SUV in the country and is expected to go on sale in India sometime in September this year. According to Autocar India, the Maruti S-Presso will be sold through the company's standard Arena showrooms.
The new micro-SUV will be positioned below the popular Vitara Brezza compact-SUV in the company's product line-up. The new Maruti S-Presso will come with an upright, almost SUV-like stance. It will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Mahindra KUV100 NXT in the Indian market.
It will come with a completely fresh and modern design, tall-stance, good ground clearance and refined mechanicals. The S-Presso is expected to feature an SUV-rivalling ground clearance of almost 180mm; it will also have a high seating position, allowing a commanding view from the driver seat.
Inside, the new Maruti S-Presso is said to feature a premium cabin, almost similar to that of its sibling, the Celerio. Most of the cabin on the S-Presso will be inspired directly from the concept, this includes dark-grey interiors with coloured accents all around, making it a youthful yet premium space inside.
Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer a digital speedometer for the S-Presso, while also featuring the latest-generation SmartPlay Studio infotainment system, which first debuted on the latest Wagon R hatchback.
Other features also include steering-mounted controls, all the mandatory safety features, adjustable driver and front passenger seats, adjustable ORVMs and a host of others.
The new S-Presso micro-SUV will be based on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform; which also underpins other models such as the Swift, Dzire and the Ertiga, to name a few.
It will be powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine borrowed from the likes of the Ignis, Swift and the Wagon R. Maruti Suzuki might also introduce a CNG-variant of the S-Presso, however, this will be launched at a later stage. The engine will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India-Launch
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be the smallest SUV in the country. It will be priced highly competitively in the Indian market, to bring in volume sales for the company. However, there is very little information regarding the S-Presso at the moment, so stay-tuned for more updates.