- 29 min ago Ford India Halts Production Due To Semiconductor Shortage: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Grazia 125 Sports Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 82,564
- 1 hr ago 2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT Globally Revealed: Features Slight Improvements & Updated Electronics
- 2 hrs ago New Lexus LS500 Nishijin Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.22 Crore
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan's Energy Levels Are Better Than Those Of People Half His Age: Anand Pandit
- News 'Free to join any party': Team Rajinikanth after some members switch to DMK
- Lifestyle Dear Men, Here 11 Important Things That You Might Not Be Knowing About Your Girlfriend
- Finance Doorstep Banking Services From Nationalised Banks: How To Register?
- Education IIFT MBA Admit Card 2021 Released At iift.nta.nic.in
- Sports Sindhu and Saina look for better show after listless display in first event of Asia leg
- Technology BSNL To Offer Its Services In Delhi And Mumbai From March 1: Report
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki is set to be working on introducing a completely new product in the Indian market. The Indian manufacturer is said to be planning on introducing the 'S-Presso' in the country. The new Maruti S-Presso is a micro-SUV based on the 'Future-S Concept', showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new Maruti S-Presso will be the smallest-SUV in the country and is expected to go on sale in India sometime in September this year. According to Autocar India, the Maruti S-Presso will be sold through the company's standard Arena showrooms.
The new micro-SUV will be positioned below the popular Vitara Brezza compact-SUV in the company's product line-up. The new Maruti S-Presso will come with an upright, almost SUV-like stance. It will rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Mahindra KUV100 NXT in the Indian market.
It will come with a completely fresh and modern design, tall-stance, good ground clearance and refined mechanicals. The S-Presso is expected to feature an SUV-rivalling ground clearance of almost 180mm; it will also have a high seating position, allowing a commanding view from the driver seat.
Inside, the new Maruti S-Presso is said to feature a premium cabin, almost similar to that of its sibling, the Celerio. Most of the cabin on the S-Presso will be inspired directly from the concept, this includes dark-grey interiors with coloured accents all around, making it a youthful yet premium space inside.
Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer a digital speedometer for the S-Presso, while also featuring the latest-generation SmartPlay Studio infotainment system, which first debuted on the latest Wagon R hatchback.
Other features also include steering-mounted controls, all the mandatory safety features, adjustable driver and front passenger seats, adjustable ORVMs and a host of others.
The new S-Presso micro-SUV will be based on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform; which also underpins other models such as the Swift, Dzire and the Ertiga, to name a few.
It will be powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine borrowed from the likes of the Ignis, Swift and the Wagon R. Maruti Suzuki might also introduce a CNG-variant of the S-Presso, however, this will be launched at a later stage. The engine will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India-Launch
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be the smallest SUV in the country. It will be priced highly competitively in the Indian market, to bring in volume sales for the company. However, there is very little information regarding the S-Presso at the moment, so stay-tuned for more updates.