- 7 min ago Lotus Unveils 1973bhp Evija Electric Hypercar - Time Travel Is Almost Here
- 39 min ago Harley-Davidson Livewire In India? — Listed On Official Indian Website
- 1 hr ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 3 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- Sports MS Dhoni's parents want him to retire from international cricket, reveals childhood coach Keshav Banerjee
- News Women rescued from prostitution to stay at correction home; HC's firm NO to grant custody to kin
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
- Lifestyle Cysts: Causes, Types, Symptoms & Treatment
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition With Gold And Diamond Launched In India For Rs. 4,80,000
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Mahindra has been working on the latest generation Thar for the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar has been spied testing on the Indian streets on multiple occasions ahead of its launch in India.
Now fresh spy pics of the new Mahindra Thar by Throttle Blips showcase the interiors of the upcoming Thar off-roader. The interior spy pics of the new Thar confirm a number of features and equipment expected on the upcoming off-roader model.
The spy pics of the interior showcase an all-black dashboard. The images also showcase the dashboard with the provision for a large touchscreen infotainment system, round AC vents, controls for HVAC, large dials on the instrument cluster with MID placed between them, steering-mounted controls and a 2-Din music system. Mahindra has clearly updated the Thar oriented more towards comfort, unlike the older models which was more of functionality.
The seats themselves seem to be well bolstered, the interiors also seem to have a number of cup holders and a number of storage compartments such as the one above the glovebox and on the centre console behind the gear lever. The new Mahindra Thar is also expected to continue offering a manually operated four-wheel drive and low-range selector from the current model. While the rear comes with standard bench seats.
Exterior of the car is completely camouflaged, however, we can notice the larger overall dimensions of the new Thar. The new Mahindra Thar is also expected to come with updated front and rear bumpers, body panels and an all-new soft-top. The new Thar also comes with larger wheel arches. Mahindra has also updated the front fascia of the off-roader, giving it a design similar to the Jeep Wrangler.
Powering the new Mahindra Thar will be an all-new 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 140bhp. The new engine will also be BS-VI compliant and is said to be mated to a manual gearbox. This engine will also be carried forward onto other Mahindra models as well, including the next-gen XUV500 and the scorpio, although the power output will vary between them.
The new Mahindra Thar will be based on the latest Gen3 chassis, which also underpins the TUV300 and the Scorpio SUVs. It will however, allow the new Thar to comply with all the upcoming safety and crash test regulations.
Mahindra has also equipped the new Thar with all the safety equipment as part of the mandatory safety regulation of April 2019. This includes dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, speed warnings and seat-belt reminders; among others.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mahindra Thar
The new Mahindra Thar will come with a number of features and equipment. The Thar is one of the most capable off-roaders in the market and with the launch of the new model, Mahindra hopes to further attract enthusiasts and new customers towards the new Thar model. Prices for the new Mahindra Thar are yet to be announced. It will however, continue to rival the likes of the Force Gurkha in the Indian market.