- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Twitter Hashtag On Launch Day Is A Hashflag, Not A Hashtag
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.69 lakh
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Venue 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Variant Launch Confirmed For Before BS-VI Deadline
- Movies Golden Star Ganesh Doesn't Believe In Ghosts; 'I Have A Belief In Negative And Positive Energy'
- News Want to watch Tokyo Olympics? Get tickets at just Rs 43 lakhs!
- Technology How To Delete/Deactivate Telegram Account From Any Device
- Education NTA To Conduct IIFT MBA Admission Test 2020, Check Exam Schedule
- Lifestyle What To Do When Your Spouse Is Not Willing To Cook
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Have Crashed By 27% In 4 Days; Likely To Fall Further
- Sports Hardik Pandya walks the ramp in Lakme Fashion Week
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra is working on a new version of its popular off-road offering, the Thar, for the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Now fresh spy pics of the new (2020) Mahindra Thar from CarDekho, reveals more details of the upcoming off-roader.
As seen from the spy pics, the new Mahindra Thar is heavily camouflaged. However, it is easy to notice that the new Thar is wider and the outgoing model. The new Mahindra Thar also looks more modern, although it still carries forward a similar design as the current model.
In terms of updates, the new Mahindra Thar will offer an updated front and rear bumper, new door and updated door handles which are now place slightly lower for better ergonomics. It also features an updated set of vertically-stacked tail lights while continuing to feature the spare wheel on the tailgate.
The test mule of the new Mahindra Thar can also be seen with a smaller canopy at the rear, as the rear deck is now marginally higher than on the current model. Interiors of the new Mahindra Thar are yet to be revealed, however, we can expect it to carry forward the sideways seats similar to the current model. The dashboard will be updated as well, aimed for better driving ergonomics.
The new Mahindra Thar will feature a number of new features and equipment. This includes all the safety equipment, which has now been made mandatory from April 2019. These features include dual airbags, high-speed alert, seat-belt reminders, ABS with EBD and reverse parking sensors among others.
Currently, the Mahindra Thar is powered by two diesel engine options: 2.6-litre and 2.5-litre units. The 2.6-litre diesel engine produces 63bhp and 193Nm of torque while the 2.5-litre diesel engine churns out 105bhp and 247Nm of torque.
The new Mahindra Thar will however, come with just one diesel engine option in the form of a 2.0-litre unit. This engine will also comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020. Mahindra will also use the same engine for its next-generation XUV500; replacing the current 2.2-litre mhawk unit.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar
The Mahindra Thar is one of the most popular and capable off-roaders in the Indian market. The Thar has been on sale in the Indian market for quite a while, although it hasn't received any major or significant update over the years. The new 2020 Mahindra Thar will come prepared for both the upcoming crash test norms as well as the emission norms. Once launched in India, the new Mahindra Thar will continue to rival the likes of the Force Gurkha Xtreme.