- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Uddhav Thackeray meets PM Modi for first time after becoming CM
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
MG Motor India has listed the eZS electric SUV on its website and has named it changes its name slightly compared to international markets. In India, the electric SUV will be called the ZS EV. The MG ZS EV featuring on the MG Motor India website is big news for the Indian market and for the MG brand as it shows that the launch of the electric SUV is closer than we think it is.
MG Motor India has had a decent run in the Indian market so far. Within the first few months of operating in the country, it has captured a large share of the SUV market. The MG Hector, which was the company's first product in India has already received more than 38,000 bookings and MG doesn't intend to stop at that.
The company's second product for the Indian market is also an SUV, but this one is electric. We knew this SUV by the name ‘MG eZS' till now as it is called the same in International markets. Now though, MG has revealed that it will be called the ‘ZS EV' in India and it is expected to be unveiled in December 2019. The SUV is expected to be launched in January 2020.
This reveals that MG might have plans to launch petrol and petrol-hybrid versions of the ZS SUV at a later stage. At first though, we will only be receiving the EV. The MG ZS EV will be powered by a 45.6kWh battery pack.
The electric motor that drives the front wheels has a maximum power output of 148bhp and a peak torque output of 350Nm. In international markets, the electric SUV has a range of 428 kilometres on one charge and it takes just 30 minutes to charge the battery pack from 0-80 percent when a fast charger is used.
The MG ZS EV will come with premium features and aesthetics. It will feature a segment-first air purifier inside the cabin, that will help its occupants breathe better. It also features an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system and MID in the instrument cluster.
It will also come with drive modes, start/stop button, steering-mounted controls, etc. Other features include a rear parking camera, navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, heated front seats, powered driver's seat, etc.
MG had also recently announced its partnership with eChargeBays for home charging infrastructure. MG Motor looks intent on giving its customer the right infrastructure before the car is launched. On the ZS EV page of MG's website, one of the zones is the ‘Locate A Charger' tab.
A click on this tab takes the user to a list of existing charging points in India, and of course more will be added to the list as time goes by. It currently has 10 charging points across five cities. Four of these points are located in Delhi/NCR. Other tabs on the website include Know Your EV and #ChangeWhatYouCan.
Thoughts On MG ZS EV Electric SUV Being Featured On The MG Motor Website
The MG ZS EV will be a game-changer in the Indian EV market owing to its excellent performance and brilliant range. It will surely set the standards, and it will be interesting to see which brand follows. Things are certainly looking great for the Indian EV market.