- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 19 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 21 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 23 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Rohit Sharma gets 200 with a six; batting coach Rathour reveals secret of Hitman's success
- News Manmohan Singh to attend Kartarpur Corridor inauguration, claims Pakistan FM
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
MG Hector sales in India in September registers 2,608 units. The company has received an overwhelming response for the SUV in the Indian market, forcing them to increase production to meet the growing demands.
The MG Hector has improved in terms of monthly sales, with the Hector SUV registering 2,018 units in August. The company had previously stopped accepting bookings for the SUV, to first deliver the waiting customers. The bookings have now been reopened, with waiting period said to be around 3 - 4 months.
MG Motors has also announced that they will be increasing the production of Hector in the Indian market from November 2019. The company will ramp up production in the second shift, starting November. This will allow the company's global and local component manufacturers to also align their production numbers accordingly — here are the details.
The MG Hector was launched in India on June 27th. The Hector SUV is positioned in the mid-size SUV segment and is available with a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Hector SUV is available with two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 140bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol unit receiving the optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission as well. The petrol engine also receives the optional 48V hybrid motor as well.
The MG Hector comes with a host of features, including a 10-25-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The SUV is also the first car in India to come with internet connectivity, along with a host of AI-enabled functionalities as well.
The company is now said to be working on introducing its second product for India, which has been confirmed to be an electric SUV. The MG eZS is scheduled to go on sale in India by early-2020. Ahead of its launch, MG Motors has tied up with other companies to set-up charging stations across India as well — here are the details.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales In India
The MG Hector has been received extremely well in the Indian market. The car comes with a bold stance, along with a host of features; making it an extremely attractive package. The MG Hector rivals the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.