- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
MG Motor India has announced that they have reopened the bookings the Hector in the market. The company had stopped accepting bookings a month back after receiving a huge demand for the SUV in the Indian market.
Bookings for the SUV is now available across India for an amount of Rs 50,000. Customers can book the MG Hector either online or through any of their dealerships across the country.
As part of the company's booking details, MG already has a first priority waiting list of 15,000 customers. These waiting customers will be given the first preference to book their Hectors, after which new customers can go-ahead with the bookings.
MG Motor India has also announced that all new customers booking the Hector from 29th September, will see a marginal increase in the SUV's prices.
However, this marginal price hike of 2.5% on the MG Hector will reflect on the booking amount of only the new customers. All the previous customers who are on the priority waiting list will not be affected by the price hike.
The company has also confirmed that they will be ramping up production of the MG Hector from November. The production from the second shift at the company's Halol plant in Gujarat will be increased to meet the growing demands in the Indian market. MG Motor has also informed their local and global component vendors regarding the production increase as well, for the smooth supply of parts.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer - MG Motor India, said,
"We are extremely overwhelmed with the response that MG Hector has received. As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, we plan to retain the very special introductory prices for our first customers who have expressed full confidence in the MG brand during its launch."
"We are also working towards accelerating our production ramp-up to serve our new bookings at the earliest."
The MG Hector was launched in June-end. The company received an overwhelming response in the market, with over 28,000 bookings in the first few weeks. The MG Hector currently has a waiting period of 3 to 4 months in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Bookings Re-Opened
The MG Hector is one of the most popular models in the Indian mid-size SUV offering in the Indian market. The MG Hector comes with a starting of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom and rivals the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass in the Indian market.