- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Valued at Rs 6,60,19,46,757 Kamal Nath’s son Nakul is richest MP
- Sports Gutsy Valencia shock Barcelona to win Copa del Rey
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MG Motor India is said to have started production of the Hector SUV for the Indian market. According to reports from Autocar India, the MG Hector SUV will begin official bookings across the country from the 15th May 2019.
MG Hector has already announced 50 dealers for the Indian market. The first few dealerships are said to begin operations by mid-May. Once MG dealerships have been set-up, the SIAC-owned brand will begin accepting bookings.
MG Motors is also said to launch the Hector SUV in the Indian market sometime in the first-half of June 2019. It will be available in a number of variant-levels, which are yet to be confirmed by the brand.
All variants and trims of the MG Hector will be powered by two engine options: one petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 143bhp and a 2.0-litre diesel sourced from Fiat.
Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol getting the optional six-speed dual-clutch gearbox as well. MG Hector is also said to be introduced in a mild-hybrid variant as well; said to be 12 percent more fuel efficient than the standard petrol trim.
The MG Hector will be offered with a host of features and equipment in the Indian market. Some of the features expected on the Hector SUV include dual-headlamp setup with the LED DRLs on top and the main LED headlights below, 360-degree camera, cruise control, keyless entry, diamond-cut alloy wheels, Harmon Infinity Audio system, push-button start, six-way adjustable driver seats and a host of others.
The MG Hector has been spied testing multiple times in the Indian market. MG have also released a number of teasers of the upcoming Hector SUV ahead of its launch in India. The company also recently announced British Actor Benedict Cumberbatch as their Brand Ambassador while also releasing a new TVC.
Thoughts On The MG Hector SUV For India
The MG Hector for the Indian market is expected to be a five-seater SUV. Prices for the Hector SUV is expected to be in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500.