- 10 min ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 14 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- 16 hrs ago Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- News Heavy armed forces deployed in Odisha’s Malkangiri after villagers killed Maoist
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Finance HDFC Shares Surge Over 1.5% After Q3FY20 Results
- Movies When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Compared Rajinikanth To Her Father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Cameras To Launch On January 29 In India
- Sports Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal: Gunners set up Portsmouth 5th round FA Cup clash
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
MG Motor India is said to have started production of the Hector SUV for the Indian market. According to reports from Autocar India, the MG Hector SUV will begin official bookings across the country from the 15th May 2019.
MG Hector has already announced 50 dealers for the Indian market. The first few dealerships are said to begin operations by mid-May. Once MG dealerships have been set-up, the SIAC-owned brand will begin accepting bookings.
MG Motors is also said to launch the Hector SUV in the Indian market sometime in the first-half of June 2019. It will be available in a number of variant-levels, which are yet to be confirmed by the brand.
All variants and trims of the MG Hector will be powered by two engine options: one petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 143bhp and a 2.0-litre diesel sourced from Fiat.
Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol getting the optional six-speed dual-clutch gearbox as well. MG Hector is also said to be introduced in a mild-hybrid variant as well; said to be 12 percent more fuel efficient than the standard petrol trim.
The MG Hector will be offered with a host of features and equipment in the Indian market. Some of the features expected on the Hector SUV include dual-headlamp setup with the LED DRLs on top and the main LED headlights below, 360-degree camera, cruise control, keyless entry, diamond-cut alloy wheels, Harmon Infinity Audio system, push-button start, six-way adjustable driver seats and a host of others.
The MG Hector has been spied testing multiple times in the Indian market. MG have also released a number of teasers of the upcoming Hector SUV ahead of its launch in India. The company also recently announced British Actor Benedict Cumberbatch as their Brand Ambassador while also releasing a new TVC.
Thoughts On The MG Hector SUV For India
The MG Hector for the Indian market is expected to be a five-seater SUV. Prices for the Hector SUV is expected to be in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500.