- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Hyderabad FC vs FC Goa: Goa back to winning ways
- Movies NBK 106: Keerthy Suresh To Romance Balakrishna?
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
MG eZS SUV has been spotted testing in India ahead of its launch next year. The spy pics showcase the electric SUV actively testing on Indian roads. The eZS when launched will rival the Hyundai Kona electric SUV.
The eZS will be the second model from the company after launching the Hector SUV earlier this year. The MG eZS has already been showcased in India earlier, however, nothing was revealed in terms of specs, features and performance of the SUV.
The electric version of the MG ZS SUV is currently sold in various markets across the globe including Thailand, UK and China. MG will bring the eZS SUV through (CKD) Completely Knocked Down route in India, which will further be assembled in the company's plant in Halol, Gujrat.
The company claims eZS SUV will come a driving range of 350km from a single charge, and will be fast charging enabled. The company also claims that the electric SUV can be juiced from 0 to 80 per cent in just 40 minutes, by using a 50kW charger. However, with a normal 7kW charger the charging times are rated at 6.5 hours for a full charge.
The eZS is expected to feature the same 44.5kWh battery unit which featured on the international model. The electric motor powering the eZS SUV produces 150bhp and 350Nm of torque, which enables the SUV to accelerate from 0-60km/h in 3.1 seconds.
MG has also realized the lack of charging infrastructure in India. To tackle the problem, the company is coming up with multiple charging solutions. MG has partnered with Delta Electronics to set up charging infrastructure at the customer's house at an extra cost.
The company has also partnered with Fortum, a Finnish Energy company, to set up the country's first fast-charging stations. MG will setup the 50kW DC fast charging stations at all company dealerships across selected cities.
The company plans to roll-out the eZS SUV in phase-wise manner when launched in India. MG will look to target Tier-1 cities first, which includes Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Ahmedabad.
MG, has also recently released a teaser video of the eZS SUV, which showcases the electric SUV being assembled - here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG eZS SUV Spy Pics
MG's plans to bring the eZS SUV to the Indian market is a bold move, considering the demand for electric vehicles is still at an early stage. However, with a solid plan to support the eZS SUV launch, with setting up charging infrastructure, the company hopes to outsell their rival, Hyundai Kona electric SUV.
Image Courtesy: Krishnapalsinh Virpara